PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Yeah, that one you mentioned would be my choice also, but I've noticed the quality has been steadily decreasing over the years and it's getting harder and harder to find.

Yeah, that's the one.

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
From a long list of favourites It would have to be between FVF and Gawiths Reunion nos 27 Perique Flake.Going by how much I smoke of a blend.It would be a clear win for FVF.I could easily live with that decision

Reactions: Servant King

chefmike

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2021
Colorado Springs, CO
I realize in thinking about an answer to this that i am highly seasonal in what I smoke, highly exploratory and very memory driven. I seem to hit a favorite and freeze it in a memory and don't want to sully the memory. OGS for instance: I took a tin to Europe a few years ago as the only smoke for a week visiting friends with my wife. OGS is locked walking perfect fall days in Amsterdam and southern Germany/France/Switzerland. I took some rando $30 pipe (because anything I travel with is sacrificial as necessary... I am not even sure I have that pipe still. I need to look!) OGS was also my introduction to age and tobacco, as not too long after that trip I met a guy at the brewery that came to our pipe night who shared several jars freely. 12 or 15 year old OGS: my mind was BLOWN. I knew OGS really well in that moment and was fascinated to taste in so transformed. The other thing he shared was Woodbridge, which also blew my mind. Never seen it since... maybe because the memory of the generous sharing is perhaps better than buying the tobacco ever could be.

All that to say... no clue. Burley #3, likely because I had 1 tin and smoked through it and savored every bowl? Or maybe I will just go with Granger and leave all the rest as memories of an amazing journey. And I don't think I have ever had it!

Reactions: Ettrick puffer

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
I only smoke whole leaf blends i make and lately my go to has been a blend with:

-kentucky
-stoved red virginia
-black stoved bright virginia
-orientals(basma and prelip)
-perique

Pressed into a plug of course!

It covers alot of bases and progresses with a wide range of melding flavours . Good strength too, cause if it's gonna be only one blend I can smoke it may as well have a little kick.

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
I only smoke whole leaf blends i make and lately my go to has been a blend with:

-kentucky
-stoved red virginia
-perique

It covers alot of bases and progresses with a wide range of melding flavours . Good strength too, cause if it's gonna be only one blend I can smoke it may as well have a little kick.
Damn, that there sounds excellent.

Reactions: marconi and Ziggywm

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland

-kentucky
-stoved red virginia
-perique

What is black stoved bright Virginia?
Do you blend all of these together? Asking because with no knowledge of the proportions, any of the Basma, Prilep, Kentucky or Perique can likely overpower the rest easily. Out of these I've smoked straight Perique, Kentucky and Basma, for me the oriental are outliers but at the same time can likely be great condiments!