I Prefer to Smoke Hot and Fast Is There a Tobacco for Me?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

smokey789

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2020
Western Pennsylvania
Once in a while I'll puff and then inhale it. I do that less and less over time. I find that it tastes so much better when I don't. I also find that I get a longer lasting effect from the nicotine that is there when I puff and do not inhale. I am enjoying the tobacco, not trying to get a hit of nic.

Like I was saying, if you need a good hit of nicotine, get something with some perique in it. It isn't cheap, but it is loaded with nicotine.

Dave4211

Might Stick Around
May 15, 2020
Tennessee
I quit cigarettes in 2003 by smoking a pipe. You need strong tobacco. Even cheap strong tobacco beats any Cavendish. The addiction will diminish. It will take time.

I'm still a nicotine addict, but not nearly like before. I also roll and smoke cigarettes whenever I want to. It isn't often that I want to.

And I'm fine if I have to go a few hours without smoking. It's just that I don't want to.

You're on the right track. Just enjoy the journey.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

Pipe Daddy

Might Stick Around
Oct 16, 2019
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Hey guys, I just recently started smoking a pipe. I started mainly to stop smoking cigarettes and made a seamless transfer a week ago after smoking a pack a day of nearly 10 years (hurray me). Anyway I know it's not SOP to smoke a pipe fast and hot but I can't seem to help it because I want to feel it when I inhale. I've been smoking aromatics and I know I'm just torching the topping and I taste absolutely nothing. Would switching to a non aromatic give me some flavor even when I smoke this way or am I up a tree?
Bro, you might try some Capstan Navy Cut. It's real tobacco taste, no casing, and it holds up to quick smoking as I'm sometimes forced to do in this politically correct world.

Reactions: Dave4211

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
I would think burley or American English blends. For burley, something like Carter Hall, Sir Walter Raleigh, Prince Albert, or Lane BLWB. John Bull is an American English that is burley-forward. Super Value's English Mixture might be worth trying too.

Virginias seem to be the worst about smoking too fast. I still have to slow myself down when smoking Virgina flake, or it starts tasting ashy.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Hey guys, I just recently started smoking a pipe. I started mainly to stop smoking cigarettes and m3ade a seamless transfer a week ago after smoking a pack a day of nearly 10 years (hurray me). Anyway I know it's not SOP to smoke a pipe fast and hot but I can't seem to help it because I want to feel it when I inhale. I've been smoking aromatics and I know I'm just torching the topping and I taste absolutely nothing. Would switching to a non aromatic give me some flavor even when I smoke this way or am I up a tree?
Try the MacBaren HH Rustica.Rub it out (this means to break up the flakes to a ribbon consistency),air dry for a few hours,and fill your pipe.Try a filter pipe such as a Dr. Grabow.The filter will catch alot of muck without compromising the flavor or the nicotine.MacBaren Rustica is a straight up,high powered tobacco,and very "flavor forward" ,as they say.Shoot me a mailing address,and I'll send a small sample to try.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
First things first. Stop inhaling pipe tobacco. No more as you are losing all of the flavor.

Get a tin of Escudo or Peterson Navy Rolls or Solani 633. Next fold and stuff the coins and flakes. Learn the correct way there are plenty of vids online. Next you will slow the fuck down as flakes and coins don't smoke as fast as ribbons and other cuts. Slow and easy and you will get a ton of flavor. Pipe smoking is an art and cannot be learned in a week. Be patient go slow and you might just get the flavors you are looking for, they are there for the taking if you smoke right. Good luck.

Reactions: gervais

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Been smoking pipes for 20 years. Smoked cigs for about three years. Quit for about 6 months before picking up the pipe. That small separation made a huge difference to me and my pipe smoking has never been about nicotine. As someone else said, any separation or lessening of the cigs will help a lot.

I tend to be a heavy puffer and like full blends. I tried Royal Yacht yesterday for the first time. I’d been smoking flakes mostly for the past few months so I found myself puffing fast through RY, which is more of a ribbon cut. Not only did it’s great flavor hold up to my unconscious puffing but the smoke never gone hot, even though the pipe did. This is not something I can say about most blends. Super cool and flavorful. No bite. Good body and decent nicotine level. YMMV.

Reactions: BROBS