PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Got in a new supply of Bayou Morning bulk, so trying a press of the Bayou Veermaster mix, which I love as a loose mix. Idea is a 3.5 gram tin mix of 2 oz bayou morning, 1.5 oz veermaster. Requiring a 57% to 43% mix. Initial sample size is .4 oz bayou and .3 oz. veermaster into the press...

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Got in a new supply of Bayou Morning bulk, so trying a press of the Bayou Veermaster mix, which I love as a loose mix. Idea is a 3.5 gram tin mix of 2 oz bayou morning, 1.5 oz veermaster. Requiring a 57% to 43% mix. Initial sample size is .4 oz bayou and .3 oz. veermaster into the press...
Been 10 days.. here is what .7 oz compressed down to ( .25") puck. Jarred and will leave alone until I finish my uncompressed batch of .7 oz.
IMG_3428.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
I just put in 72g of Sillem's Blue into my pasta press and easily enough room (once you push it down a bit) to put in a full 100g of a ribbon tobacco.
The result: a 1 3/8" puck. I wonder if pressing this might extend the aromatic life of the blend? Need to find a smaller jar for it, now (the jar was --full-- before pressing.
IMG_3450.jpg IMG_3451.jpg IMG_3452.jpg

Reactions: Browny and seanv

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
The result: a 1 3/8" puck. I wonder if pressing this might extend the aromatic life of the blend? Need to find a smaller jar for it, now (the jar was --full-- before pressing.
View attachment 213236 View attachment 213237 View attachment 213235

I just loaded one up completely full, screwed it down as tight as I could, backed it off/out and refilled, screwed it down as tight as I could again, backed it off/out once more and reloaded it to capacity.

I’m doing my mix that’s like a peppermint mocha kinda deal. I gave the recipe to @telescopes and he calls it EZ-1. It’s mocha, chocolate mousse, and frosty mint. I developed it when trying to figure out how in the hell to use frosty mint without it ghosting my neighborhood. It’s actually a really nice aro once I got it figured out, but the frostiest can still jump out at you if you get a larger piece during a bowl. I’m thinking this will do the trick.

I’ve got another idea up my sleeve that I’m going to be working on later this evening once I get a round of stoving done. Game on, noodle press.

2B2DF6F2-6A3D-4758-B779-A69B3B67F279.jpegDA0E8815-B18B-4065-A7B4-BD8890EF3F32.jpeg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
I just loaded one up completely full, screwed it down as tight as I could, backed it off/out and refilled, screwed it down as tight as I could again, backed it off/out once more and reloaded it to capacity.

I’m doing my mix that’s like a peppermint mocha kinda deal. I gave the recipe to @telescopes and he calls it EZ-1. It’s mocha, chocolate mousse, and frosty mint. I developed it when trying to figure out how in the hell to use frosty mint without it ghosting my neighborhood. It’s actually a really nice aro once I got it figured out, but the frostiest can still jump out at you if you get a larger piece during a bowl. I’m thinking this will do the trick.

I’ve got another idea up my sleeve that I’m going to be working on later this evening once I get a round of stoving done. Game on, noodle press.

View attachment 216203View attachment 216204
sounds delicious! Swap a sample? :col:

Reactions: BarrelProof

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
sounds delicious! Swap a sample? :col:

Definitely. I think I’m going to leave this first noodle press dedicated to making cakes of this blend. Apart from BMP, it’s actually my favorite aro. I just want to make sure that pressing it does what I think it’s gonna do, and even if it doesn’t, I’m positive it’s gonna ghost the (stainless steel) press.

But yeah, let me get the kinks worked out over the next few days/weeks and I’m all for trading.

Reactions: Scottmi

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Definitely. I think I’m going to leave this first noodle press dedicated to making cakes of this blend. Apart from BMP, it’s actually my favorite aro. I just want to make sure that pressing it does what I think it’s gonna do, and even if it doesn’t, I’m positive it’s gonna ghost the (stainless steel) press.

But yeah, let me get the kinks worked out over the next few days/weeks and I’m all for trading.
fyi - I can see stress marks in the plastic top of my press and a bit of outward deformation in the bottom cap from putting on max cranking from the first few pressings. Taking it a bit easier now on the next day turnings. i've been pressing for a week to 10 days

Reactions: BarrelProof

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
fyi - I can see stress marks in the plastic top of my press and a bit of outward deformation in the bottom cap from putting on max cranking from the first few pressings. Taking it a bit easier now on the next day turnings. i've been pressing for a week to 10 days

Good to know! I saw the bottom bow a bit today and thought I’d probably reached the failure point. I do like this thing, though.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
This process has the added benefit of wringing out these goopy ass constituents. I’ve gotten almost a half ounce of juice that has worked its way back up and out of the threads on the end cap. I’m positive I’ve already cut the dry time in half for this stuff.

In the future (for this blend, since it has its own noodle press), I think I’m going to use a steel/reusable aeropress filter on the bottom vs. the plastic top to a C&D tin to encourage the goop removal.

Reactions: Browny and Scottmi