PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Btw I tried drying two P.S. bullseye flakes on a piece of paper towel for 7 seconds, full power, smoked it a minute later and it was the best bowl of that blend I've ever had..

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I agree, like a hydrolic press video thats 10 minutes and actual content takes less than a minute..

ignaciojn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2016
I noticed the username, but didn't have it in me to watch the video. Still don't.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Mw appliances are either on or off , there is no 60 percent power setting etc
Those dials cycle it on/off , new or old , its all the same

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I skimmed it, as my tops for a how to video is three minutes.
Bluto- I live in an area where we have no need for A/C, but as I recall from earlier houses, it's maybe around 60%..... Then again, it'd depend on where you live. A hygrometer can be had for as little as five bucks.

jpmcwjr, I'm onto you... I think you have stock in hygrometers, and you're just padding your wallet on here. Ha ha.
Three minutes is too long sometimes. Just show me the action, and don't try to teach me something. It's like when you turn to ask someone in line at the grocer's a question, "how do you swipe the debit card?" And, you hear... "The history of debit cards started in 1962, with Diner's Club, then the ancient Sumerians..." when all you were asking was which way to turn the card. In those instances, murder is OK. :puffy:

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
I’m surprised there hasn’t been much information about storing a bowlful in a jar with a dessicant . That would be the most accurate method to dry to some particular RH and give consistent reproducible results

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yeah the hydrometer thing is too techy for tobacco for me. Wet=jar, Bone Dry=smoke.

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
Weighing it is another option , if you are finicky and seek perfection.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Is that him singing in the other videos? Their really much better than the other video. Don't be embarased Cosmic, if you do something like that you gotta expect anything. I mean. It's not supposed to be as brutal here as the internet at large but it's not kindergarten either.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Oh crap sorry wrong thread. Feel free to make fun of me: I'm fat and bald and have three kidneys that don't work.. that's a really me in my avatar pic when I had hair.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I’m surprised there hasn’t been much information about storing a bowlful in a jar with a dessicant . That would be the most accurate method to dry to some particular RH and give consistent reproducible results
Accurate?? Some folks use the packs that say they will add or subtract moisture to a specified level — Boveda?— but I don't use them. A straight dessicant by itself does little to gauge it.
Weighing it would work all right for a bale of tobacco and you knew what its starting moisture was.... For pounds and ounces, nah. Too fiddly. And home scales don't go to two or three decimal places.

Status
Not open for further replies.