Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
I’m sticking with the good old , allow the tobacco to come into equilibrium , just by leaving it rest outside the container before lighting
Or even warm / dry it gently
Microwave appliances interact with dipoles , like water molecules , by vibrating them , spinning or translational motion. The heated water then volatilizes , so in a sense you have steamed the tobacco , just like a mw oven makes bread soggy .

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Neither method above mentions ambient humidity - nor the tobacco's moisture level- both of which are critical for good results. Leaving it outside in LV vs. Summer in 'Bama will produce wildly different results. Ten seconds in microwave is right in some cases; others may take minutes.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Thanks for sharing this. I will give it a try just to see if it avoids the problem I have with using a microwave, which is that "cooked" flavor I taste in tobacco that's been nuked. I've never heard anyone say tobacco can't be dried out in a nuker, just that it's not a good way to do it. I'll occasionally nuke some tobacco when I'm in a rush and I don't really care about that cooked taste. Otherwise I let it air dry.

Sep 30, 2018
Yeah you can mix it around the way you feel like. I like it this is way because it’s nice and crispy and when I’m out and make a rolls it has nice smooth drag holds it’s light withought going out basically like a tailor smoke as tailors are way to expensive. Iv even had people say who are smoking a tailor at the rsl can I have a try the say this is better then my tailor smoke and I say yeah great n smooth to and strong yeah. Even on a windy day one light holds the light stays smooth. So it’s great for if your outside too or windy day or at a party not constantly lighting it

You can keep pushing it 6 or 7 30 to 10 process maximum at 8 process it burns.

Obviously the sun is the best but on no sun rainy days this works

Glad I helped

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Seems like what you're trying to accomplish with the microwave is to heat the tobacco up, in order to get the moisture in it to evaporate, without cooking the tobacco. So just put it in the microwave longer but at a lower setting. I have used the microwave a fair amount in the summer as setting it out is often a slow process. I wrap the flake(s) in a napkin to absorb the evaporated moisture. Seems to work reasonably well.
I don't think this is ideal but it is better than trying to smoke the tobacco when it is too moist.

ignaciojn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2016
like a tailor smoke as tailors are way to expensive. Iv even had people say who are smoking a tailor at the rsl can I have a try the say this is better then my tailor smoke
Can't make head or tails of this sentence. What is a tailor?

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Hmmm.. anyone watch the video? Please say something about the video. Everyone's just acting like it's not there, I don't want to get in trouble for being mean spirited but I'm dying to crank out at least 3 one liners...

Eggroll, I can't believe no one made mention of the guy naming himself howtodrytobaccoinmicrowave. The video was... I am just speechless. I can't help but wonder if this isn't just someone pulling our leg. Meanwhile, everyone is just talking as if they didn't read the guy's name, nor watched the video ...thing.

But, yet Happypipeguy makes a sensible post, and everyone divys out the torches and pitchforks.
This guy can't be real... go ahead Eggie, let 'em roll...

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Oh thank God, thank you cosmic, your always a voice of reason...

Yeah this guy named himself the name of his video all to edify us and I think it's for real but then again who knows.

The 80s called, they want their microwave back.

Great now I'm gonna have nightmares..

That's 4 min and 59 seconds I'll never get back.

The secret to drying Tobacco in the microwave is finding the dirtiest oldest one that still works and placing several spare electronic needle meters on top.

The rain sounds like a giant toilet flushing, does this guy live in the rainforest?

All great films start with a scene you can't see.

Nothing calms my stomach more than a video camera being waved around while filming.

Now that you figured out how to dry tobacco, now figure out how to cover your disturbingly abominable kitchen table while shooting a video.

Coca cola is sending a cease and desist letter.

And finally, have no idea what this guy said..

:)

I have noticed a trend in the videos that get past our moderators here... in that the video makers talk, talk, talk, talk, while we are looking at the same damn thing for like ten minutes. Then the action takes seconds, then more talk and talk and talk, and talk... For those of us who watch videos with no sound, it is like wasting tons of time for a video that could have better been shown in a few seconds.
But, don't take this as serious criticism. I am really not a fan of videos at all. :puffy:

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
My wife said , take me places I’ve never been
.. so I showed her the kitchen
Babump tish

Reactions: garywlee
Status
Not open for further replies.