PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Not counting collectables, one-offs, samples, things you have just to have, etc. - just your Smoke For Daily Bread Tabak - How many months/years of a back supply of your Daily Bread are you in possession of?

Currently, between my Daily Bread stash of: Prince Albert tubs, Edward G Robinson tubs, and Out-of-Production Smokers Pride Red Bags, now jarred, I'm good for about 1 1/2 years, total - that's it.

With all the nonsense surround tobacco in general these days, and consuming a half-ounce a day or one tub a month, on average, I'm feeling the need to double or triple that amount.

Thoughts? - Sherm Natman

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I currently have 22.5 cans of Granger. Granger and I run deep. The rest... 2 tubs Carter Hall. 1 Tub LLRR. 1 Tub Prince Albert. Various Jars I put away some 10 years ago and a small assortment of aged tins. Oh, and thanks to a good forum friend, Shermnatman, I have about 50 measured samples to try.

on edit — and one sticky cob pipe.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
If you just keep buying more than you smoke eventually you end up with years and years of tobacco stored away. I've definitely slowed down on my tobacco purchases in the past year since I estimate that I have 20+ years of tobacco in the cellar already. I'd like to eventually grow my own tobacco as well but that's at least a few years down the road.