PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
Sable - You wrote: They’re cases with internal fittings to hold anywhere from 15 to 21 pipes per case. A few years back I bought a half dozen of them on eBay. I’m pretty sure that they were made in China, they were cheap, made cheap, and do the job.
This sounds like just what I need but I was unable to find them on Ebay. Can you tell me what to look for?

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I have wall mounted display cabinets where I keep my artisan pipes:

thumbnail_IMG_20200401_122214222.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200401_122235553.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200401_122255155.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200401_122311220.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200401_122319208.jpg

Missing a few pipes as they are in my travel case for weekend adventuring.

I have a vertical glass case where I keep my factory made pipes (Savinelli, Dunhill, & Larsen). I'll have to get some pics of that up. I also have some other factory pipes, most of which are individually wrapped and stored in steel ammo cans waiting for cleaning/restoration.

Unrelated, I need to find some stands to better display my fossils...

michail

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 7, 2015
Paros, Greece
I've saved a 7cm tall, wide drawer and purchased some organizers to keep each separated.

It can accommodate all my "formal"pipes, while the ones I use in my workshop are usually everywhere...

I've planned to make a wall cabinet out of proper hardwood to keep them all together and stored upright for the last couple years but I haven't done anything more than measuring yet.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

Heypat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2020
Shelby township Michigan, 48315
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

New guy here, glad to be a part of the site!

I moved from cigars to a pipe about 9 months ago and haven’t looked back.

I started buying and refurbishing estate pipes about 6 months ago and have around 60 estates with vulcanite stems. I have spent a lot of time de oxidizing, sanding and polishing the vulcanite stems. Although I do Enjoy refurbishing pipes, I do not want the vulcanite stems to oxidize again. I clean after smoking and use obsidian oil but am looking for a storage solution that keeps the pipes out of natural light.

i have a couple of old school desktop pipe stands I use for my pipes with acrylic stems but am looking for a solution to keep the vulcanite stems out of the light.

how does everyone store their pipes with vulcanite stems?

I currently store them in cigar boxes but would like a Larger permanent solution.

thanks for your input!
Well with everything going on I still haven’t found a permanent storage solution, I haven’t been out much due to the stay at home order. I did however come up with this short term solution to cover the stems on the pipes I keep on the desk in my office. i bought these pen sleeves on amazon, 50 of them were around 8 or 9 dollars, I cannot remember the exact price.

Just slide it over the stem and no sunlight On the stem, a little longer than needed For most stems but it works for now.

Attachments

• 2E89DACF-9E1C-4E2B-8D0B-1E04F71FFBFB.jpeg
    2E89DACF-9E1C-4E2B-8D0B-1E04F71FFBFB.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 901C2908-ADF9-47FA-A96A-A10A9F5E7E8F.jpeg
    901C2908-ADF9-47FA-A96A-A10A9F5E7E8F.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: seanv and BROBS

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I have wall mounted display cabinets where I keep my artisan pipes:
Missing a few pipes as they are in my travel case for weekend adventuring.
I have a vertical glass case where I keep my factory made pipes (Savinelli, Dunhill, & Larsen). I'll have to get some pics of that up. I also have some other factory pipes, most of which are individually wrapped and stored in steel ammo cans waiting for cleaning/restoration.
Unrelated, I need to find some stands to better display my fossils...
I like your lighting solution inside the cases. Currently considering something similar--I know Home Depot and the craft stores (Michaels et al.) things available, whether actual lights or LED strings. I need to get some lighting in my pipes area to make it a pleasant place to spend time in the evenings. It's very poorly lit at the moment.

Reactions: shanez and jpmcwjr

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I like your lighting solution inside the cases. Currently considering something similar--I know Home Depot and the craft stores (Michaels et al.) things available, whether actual lights or LED strings. I need to get some lighting in my pipes area to make it a pleasant place to spend time in the evenings. It's very poorly lit at the moment.
I got everything at IKEA. The lights are LED, dimmable, and have a wireless remote.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like to store my tobacco pipes bowl down, out of direct sunlight, where air can circulate, in racks or a cabinet. If they aren't in view, I tend not to smoke them, so I can see most of them. None of this is "religion," but it works for me. I suspect it helps to keep your number of pipes at or below thirty or forty, but I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.