PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Kalvort
Health issues? Most likely eating any meat at all has health issues. Just like smoking a pipe.
Moderation.
Allan

Dec 24, 2012
One thing I love about France is they know how to cook a steak over there. Try ordering anything else but rare and it doesn't matter - the chef will give you rare. The French don't piss around when it comes to food.

Jul 12, 2011
;-) I won't cook anyone a steak that asks for it well done :)
I just let them know I have some old tires out back and I

will slice a little of that off and put on their plate if they like....
Lmao

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Me: Medium Rare

Wife: Well Done

Parents: 2 degrees over farm kill - the blood on the plate makes my wife gag - therefore when the folks come, it's Salmon.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Try ordering anything else but rare and it doesn't matter - the chef will give you rare. The French don't piss around when it comes to food.
Ah, but do they even bother to ask? That's my point, I don't like it overcooked either, some do, but certainly don't bother asking how people want it cooked if you have no intention of honoring that!

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
First set the nice thick steak in a glass container over night smoothered in beer with some lemon juice, and garlic. Then get the grill nice and hot with red oak wood not charcoal when the wood is ready place one large sassafras root that has been soaking in ice cold water over night on the hot coals. Place steak immediately on the grill to sear then flip the steak. It should have seven color layers equally layered . A nice dark carmelized layer , a tan layer, a pink layer, and a red layer.

blade

Lurker
Jan 25, 2010
Med rare for me. However, as mentioned earlier, it depends on the cut of beef.
Whenever someone wants a well done steak/burger, I tell them to wake me up when you want it. I hate ruining meat on the grill.

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
Ribeye with some nice marble in the middle, medium rare. I also agree if the steak is any good, you don't need any sauces.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Raw/rare. I like mine almost but not quite browned on the outside. If it's warm enough to bleed, it's overcooked!
In fact, if the sides are browned, it's probably too done for my taste.

Aug 14, 2012
I prefer mine cooked. It has been quite a few lifetimes since I ate raw meat (except steak tartare, which is raw meat and I have eaten it in France in this lifetime). And with L&P and Tabasco.

Dec 24, 2012
When I first met my wife she didn't like steak and when she did have it she insisted on it being well done, just like her parents. A few months after we started dating I took her to a fancy steakhouse in Vegas. She tried to order her steak well done and I intervened and ordered it medium rare - told her it was a complete embarrassment to order a well done steak in a fine steakhouse. She was really pissed at me. Guess what? She loved it. Now she eats it rare and likes her steak even bloodier than I do.
Her parents still eat it well done, which I refuse to cook, so we have chicken when they come over.

Status
Not open for further replies.