PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
Knock the horns off, wipe it's nasty ass, wave it over the flame, and throw it on the play.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
there are many steaks and a temp for one might not be the right temp for another
Well said austinxpipe. I like medium to medium well. Just a band of pink through the center. If its a filet a little rarer is ok. I've found you have to pay your dues running the grill and eventually you find out what is best.
Man this thread makes me hungry. :)

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
I like mine warm throughout but still pretty red cooked over a hot enough source to get some carmelization on the outside without overcooking the inside. Salt and pepper with a little olive oil to get it to stick and promote browning for me.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
As long as I'm left enough bloody juice for that inch thick fresh sliced heavily buttered bread to mop up I'm a happy man!

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
How about some Peter Luger's super thick cut bacon to go with that steak? Sorry if the picture is large.
photo.jpg

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
It is a bit pricey. But it's the best steak and bacon I've ever had. I can only afford to go once a year for the holidays. Although compared to most steak places in Manhattan it is cheaper. Went there Tuesday. Best $100 I ever spent.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
For me, med rare to rare. Brown on the outside nice and pink inside cooked over wood coals with just a pinch of salt and pepper.

sdcowboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2011
Rapid City, SD
While I like mine medium rare, I do like to experiment with seasonings and meat rubs. My current favorite is from Safeway. It is called Savory Roast Rub. I've found it has the right combination of flavors to compliment beef cuts or pork cuts. I just dab a little olive oil on the meat, sprinkle some of the rub on it, and rub it in 10 minutes before grilling. The olive oil helps keep the juices in the steak. The result is heavenly. It can turn an inexpensive sirloin into a meal fit for a king.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
Raw. We have tartare once a week. The eggs and beef come from farms outside the food industry - no hormones, no antibiotics, no processing plant, and run by people we know and trust.
If it's not tartare, it's seared on high heat and that's all.
I never eat beef outside my own home.

mrdoody

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2012
MA, USA
Julia Child once amusingly quipped that if you wanted your beef cooked more than medium rare, then, well, you should just choose to eat something else instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.