How can Some People Eat so Much Fried Food?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
My doctor also said, "If something doesn't make you feel good, stop doing it."

That might be the best advice any doctor can give. As I got older, I started to listen to my body more, it prevents a lot of discomfort. Sure, it's nice to eat whatever we want but I rather eat what I like which doesn't result in some sort of physical distress after.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
When you eat a fried food, like say fried chicken, are you guys not eating some greens or a starch or... anything else along with it? I would concider one fried chicken thigh enough for a meal, as long as I have some greens and a potato salad or coleslaw along with it. I'm not sure I have heard of so many people having an issue... unless they are eating a whole fried chicken with nothing else as sides.

Whenever I eat bbq or fried foods, I almost always opt for vegetable sides - turnip or collard greens and cole slaw if at a bbq stand. Fried chicken and salad is a not-uncommon meal at our house - about every month when the garden is pushing up a good salad.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Here in Georgia, at least one item on your plate at any given meal is fried. Usually washed down with sweet tea. I'm 30 so I'm trying to start eating better and watch my weight gain, and boy is it hard living in the south.
I hear you. After I retired from the Coast Guard my weight jumped up to 253 lbs. It caused me to give up a lot of stuff like beer and sweets but I'm now back down to 197 lbs.

raina

Lurker
May 10, 2022
I used to eat a lot of fried food. I worked in an office, and I had to order food every time, and of course, I ordered fried foods with a lot of fats. Then, I started to get overweight. I just woke up one morning, and my clothes would not fit me. It was a disaster. I decided that I should start dieting, which I did. The first time was a complete failure. I could not keep track of the weight I was losing, and I thought that nothing had changed. I decided to buy a bathroom scale to help me with the problem. It made dieting easier, and it was a really useful tool that helped me lose weight and get fit again.