PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidsaulmarshall

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 18, 2019
Cambridge, MA
Therein lies the problem with living here. Almost everything that you receive from abroad is impounded by customs and opened....you can wait weeks or even months before you get your hands on it. But not before you have to pay a considerable amount of duty on it. It's really not worth the hassle or expense.

That's a crying shame. I'm returning home to Singapore soon and I'll be in the exact same situation. I feel your pain.

Reactions: Scottishgaucho

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Could be Rosario/Santa Fe. Or the interior of BsAs Provincia. Or perhaps Villa Gessell/Pinamar? I had some lovely trips there, riding horses on the beach. Best time of my life I reckon.

Small town in Provinicia de Buenos Aires. Flat as a pancake for hundreds of miles which for a Scotsman gets kind of boring. :) Great cereal growing area.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Small town in Provinicia de Buenos Aires. Flat as a pancake for hundreds of miles which for a Scotsman gets kind of boring. :) Great cereal growing area.
My best guess is Chivilcoy, Saladillo, or Las Flores.

I confess that I can't stare at a map of that country for too long without becoming very nostalgic and rather sad.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Your first guess is spot on. I love it here especially the people. Unfortunately, Argentina is a great country spoilt by politicians.
I'll go back there, I hope. I could think of nothing better than to spend the twilight of my life there, after the responsibilities of rearing and educating a child have passed. I still drink Yerba every day. And nothing pulls at my heartstings like the old songs from the '30s.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
I'll go back there, I hope. I could think of nothing better than to spend the twilight of my life there, after the responsibilities of rearing and educating a child have passed. I still drink Yerba every day. And nothing pulls at my heartstings like the old songs from the '30s.

I hope you do...must admit drinking Yerba Mate is not to my liking. Much prefer a cold beer instead. :)

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I hope you do...must admit drinking Yerba Mate is not to my liking. Much prefer a cold beer instead. :)
I was down there at the exact time that craft beer became the rage. Now there are breweries. We used to go anywhere that had interesting beer. Can't even remember the names of the neighborhoods anymore, but there's an Irish bar near "Reconquista" and another tiny one in "Recoleta." Had a wonderful time.

And before it became somewhat commercialized, Uruguay had some amazing beers as well. Several trips to Colonia and plenty of asado and great beer. Times change, not always for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.