PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
As you might have guessed from my forum name I was not born and bred in Argentina.....I'm a Scotsman who has been living in Argentina for the last 12 years.
A pipe smoker on and off since around 1971 when I was 15 and mostly a smoker of the mighty Condor.....trust me to come to a country which doesn't sell it!! A good thing actually, as it has meant I've been trying blends which I might not ever have tried.
The twist produced in the north of the country here is not only inexpensive it's actually very good.
Luckily some family members recently visited and brought me ten pouches of Condor which they bought in Spain so I've been overdosing on that.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Sask_welcome.jpg

Reactions: Scottishgaucho

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
So ... "hola, che!" but also "Hoo are ye? "

What part of Argentina do you live? I spent considerable time there when I was a young adult.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
A Most Warm Welocome from Finland-EU, You live in the country my late father liked the most,he was at merchant navy and did sail often to Argentina, Also Condor is fine though I like their long cut version better , btw, I reckon G&H ,St Bruno or Amphoras are not available out there?

Scottishgaucho

Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Also Condor is fine though I like their long cut version better , btw, I reckon G&H ,St Bruno or Amphoras are not available out there?

I also prefer the Condor flake but the ready rubbed is a good substitute. St Bruno isn't available here either but some of the Gawith blends are available in Buenos Aires. There are some very good tobacco/cigar shops there.

Scottishgaucho

Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Welcome from London/Singapore! How are excise/import taxes over on that side of the world?

Therein lies the problem with living here. Almost everything that you receive from abroad is impounded by customs and opened....you can wait weeks or even months before you get your hands on it. But not before you have to pay a considerable amount of duty on it. It's really not worth the hassle or expense.

Reactions: davidsaulmarshall
Status
Not open for further replies.