PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

North Pole piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2021
Rural, Manitoba Canada.
Greetings from the beautiful country of Uganda!

I'm on this site with a VPN, because it is blocked here, presumably as part of the government's efforts against smoking.

An accident followed by a botched surgery changed my life and I started pipe smoking as a solace...

I'm in my 40's, love my wife of half my life, live the wilds of Africa, and enjoy my Savinelli (poker) and my Kikos while looking out over Lake Victoria.

It's nice to join you all. This is such a pleasant group!
Welcome friend! From the mid west of Canada.

Reactions: Bwana Kiko

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Greetings from the beautiful country of Uganda!

I'm on this site with a VPN, because it is blocked here, presumably as part of the government's efforts against smoking.

An accident followed by a botched surgery changed my life and I started pipe smoking as a solace...

I'm in my 40's, love my wife of half my life, live the wilds of Africa, and enjoy my Savinelli (poker) and my Kikos while looking out over Lake Victoria.

It's nice to join you all. This is such a pleasant group!
Very nice! Always good to get some international flavour on here!

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Bwana Kiko

Bwana Kiko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2021
Uganda
Oh no, he came back with the first wave of covid, before we were really even sure what it was. He has been working with a firm that restructures inner city health plans now (or something like that). But, it really was a shame. He had learned French, German, and several African languages, and it had been his goal to work in Africa with the PC since he was 10 years old. He had even been on a waiting list to be in the village that he was with for a few years.
He will most likely go back as soon as he can get reassigned to an area that he wants to be in.
All the best to him!

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Wow Welcome Uganda!

Can’t say you hear much about pipe smokers in Uganda, and I hope when you puffing the ole pipe, kicking back and staring out at the Lake you’ll share pictures!

Aloha from Hawaii! ?

P.S. I just Googled Lake Victoria, to learn of it. :)

Bwana Kiko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2021
Uganda
Wow Welcome Uganda!

Can’t say you hear much about pipe smokers in Uganda, and I hope when you puffing the ole pipe, kicking back and staring out at the Lake you’ll share pictures!

Aloha from Hawaii! ?

P.S. I just Googled Lake Victoria, to learn of it. :)
Thanks! I have yet to meet another gentleman pipe smokers in Uganda (aside from the two I've taught) otherwise pipe- smoking is mostly only done by some old grandmas! ?

Reactions: PipeIT
Status
Not open for further replies.