PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABel7son

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2020
New York City
So....you're stuck in Wuhan Queens....and I'm stuck in da Wuhan Bronx, near Pelham Bay Park. Greetings and salutations from a place that's slightly greener, and slightly south of Westchester County. Happy new year!

Looking for a good pipe/tobacconist in NYC. Seek no more, don't waste your time...there ain't any left....except for tourist joints, and cigar-lounges like Barclay Rex and Davidoff. Wilke's on West 55th St. is gone, so is De La Concha, and Connoisseur's is gone, too. Join the New York Pipe Club, that meets in lower Manhattan. Nice bunch of very friendly and knowledgeable guys.
I should be joining sometime soon . But for Covid and the lock down . Yes this place is a foreign country ,( a Kind of inauthentic South America, a very course atmosphere unfortunately ). But not Chinese foreign, which I would probably prefer as some places in Brooklyn are very much like little china towns now . Outside of one thing they do which is really infuriating, They tear down all the old Metal fencing work and wooden doors of the houses , and put up cold steel gating and doors in its place and all of them all the same as if they are signaling to each other. Other than that I find them very interesting people, bringing a lot of old world exoticism to an otherwise closed and not especially interesting neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.