PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Hi ,
My name is Alex I am a native New Yorker ( Manhattanite) but in Queens now . When I was about 20, I bought my first pipe on 56th str. and 6th ave a Bent billiard Upshall (s) red of course wanted to try it and use it for a woody Allen movie audition ( the purple Rose of Cairo ). A Background character. I got the job and used the pipe, in The roller skating scene . It caused quite a stir, I was chasing the camera around the roller skating ring heavy puffs of smoke pluming out of the pipe, somebody actually told me Woody Allen found it funny. it was cut out of the film unforunetly . I still have that pipe here , at my desk and looking at it at this very moment. I've smoked seldomly in the long interim. I've decided to take it up again, for its calming affects in this problematic time we're all living in. My first tobacco I wish to start with is " HU Zulu " (where's the best place to purchase it?,( the website is all in German. my German is Limited too about five words) So there it is, Glad to be here, and say hello on what seems to be a very excellent forum, with some well-written posts.
HELLO and welcome from a fellow New Yorker - Manhattanite and Brooklynite born and raised-

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Welcome from Ohio. If you ever see a guy with a Cutty Meer pipe walking your way...run and run as fast as you can!... rotf

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey, Alex, welcome aboard, from central N.C. My wife is from remote rural Missouri, but spent her career living on Manhattan in Greenwich Village, and later also on Long Island up in Suffolk County. She was a restaurant reviewer when Newsday had its New York Newsday edition, and had a long food writing career after that. We commuted back and forth "courting" in our sixties (I was a widower). So we did a lot on Manhattan and Long Island. She loves the Big Apple, as do I.

Jan 27, 2020
Hey, Alex, welcome aboard, from central N.C. My wife is from remote rural Missouri, but spent her career living on Manhattan in Greenwich Village, and later also on Long Island up in Suffolk County. She was a restaurant reviewer when Newsday had its New York Newsday edition, and had a long food writing career after that. We commuted back and forth "courting" in our sixties (I was a widower). So we did a lot on Manhattan and Long Island. She loves the Big Apple, as do I.

When you coming back? Please do so after covid and dinner is on me!

ABel7son

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2020
New York City
Welcome! De La Concha was a wonderful spot, I always made time to visit when I was in town.
thats right .I remember the salesman saying the upshall's smoked as good as any, and they where less expensive then the other top en brands
Great choice for a 1st pipe!
Thank you , I had anther one, a bought a little latter,even nicer but do to a dreadful night years ago, I no longer have it.Please don't ask .

ABel7son

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2020
New York City
The big Apple is going through Hell right now , I have not been there for a while. Travel on my bicycle everywhere in 1978 Motobcane . I'm healthier and safer than I've ever been, Ha ha .

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I am in Jackson Heights . And where in Brooklyn are you from ?
You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

Welcome from the Central Coast of California!
Former Manhattanite also.

View attachment 57746

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.
I finally posted mine yesterday night. It did not enough space to post my full location but it’s sufficiently vague for my privacy, and specific enough for 99.99% of forum users. The lack of space did not allow me to achieve ?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I finally posted mine yesterday night. It did not enough space to post my full location but it’s sufficiently vague for my privacy, and specific enough for 99.99% of forum users. The lack of space did not allow me to achieve ?
Just NJ will show all the above, and that it's on this earth.
Here' s your Google Map link: "NJ,USA,Earth,Sol,MilkyWay,Virgo SC, Laniakea SC,"

Status
Not open for further replies.