PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABel7son

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2020
New York City
Hi ,
My name is Alex I am a native New Yorker ( Manhattanite) but in Queens now . When I was about 20, I bought my first pipe on 56th str. and 6th ave a Bent billiard Upshall (s) red of course wanted to try it and use it for a woody Allen movie audition ( the purple Rose of Cairo ). A Background character. I got the job and used the pipe, in The roller skating scene . It caused quite a stir, I was chasing the camera around the roller skating ring heavy puffs of smoke pluming out of the pipe, somebody actually told me Woody Allen found it funny. it was cut out of the film unforunetly . I still have that pipe here , at my desk and looking at it at this very moment. I've smoked seldomly in the long interim. I've decided to take it up again, for its calming affects in this problematic time we're all living in. My first tobacco I wish to start with is " HU Zulu " (where's the best place to purchase it?,( the website is all in German. my German is Limited too about five words) So there it is, Glad to be here, and say hello on what seems to be a very excellent forum, with some well-written posts.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California!
Former Manhattanite also.

1609289520503.png

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Interesting story ??. Regarding HU blends, can’t help, but forum member Jim Inks could probably point you in the right direction.

ABel7son

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2020
New York City
Interesting story ??. Regarding HU blends, can’t help, but forum member Jim Inks could probably point you in the right direction.
I'll see if I can reach him ,thank's for the comment . I've got nothing in my bole but some old sample from Nat - Sherman .

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I love New York. Always have a story or two for every visit. Including the time I confused Wallace Shawn. Seriously it's a place where if you just go that way a block or two very good chance you'll see something you've never seen before. It's weird I don't like crowds but somehow you can just disappear there and people know how to move in a crowd. I don't know if I would like living there but I love that city it has been good to me.

Reactions: ABel7son and JOHN72
Status
Not open for further replies.