PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
Well, as you can see, I'm back on the forum , where are we going ? I like french food .

You and I both. Sadly, a lot of those old school French theatre district type places will likely close for good. My favorite fondue (Swiss not French I know) Mont Blanc 52 has.
I am in Jackson Heights . And where in Brooklyn are you from ?

Jackson Heights really got hit hard by covid. I live near Fort Greene Park, rode my bike to Jackson Heights and back around the beginning of this situation. Real New Yorkers know Queens is the most interesting borough, esp for food.

Jackson Heights really got hit hard by covid. I live near Fort Greene Park, rode my bike to Jackson Heights and back around the beginning of this situation. Real New Yorkers know Queens is the most interesting borough, esp for food.
The Bangladeshi grocery stores in Jackson Heights sell food which is closer to Eastern Indian food (my origin) than the Indian restaurants. I remember driving to Jackson Heights on 1st Jan 2019 for some authentic food. Even with no traffic on 1st, it was still a 90 min drive each way. So sorry to hear the struggle.

Jan 27, 2020
The Bangladeshi grocery stores in Jackson Heights sell food which is closer to Eastern Indian food (my origin) than the Indian restaurants. I remember driving to Jackson Heights on 1st Jan 2019 for some authentic food. Even with no traffic on 1st, it was still a 90 min drive each way. So sorry to hear the struggle.

Well, actually Jackson Heights still seems very vibrant but had a very high infection rate at the start.

Funny, I mostly eat Indian food in NJ on Oak Tree. I think I prefer Southern Indian which might have something to do with it.

Well, actually Jackson Heights still seems very vibrant but had a very high infection rate at the start.

Funny, I mostly eat Indian food in NJ on Oak Tree. I think I prefer Southern Indian which might have something to do with it.
Oak Tree Rd in NJ has some good Indian restaurants. Both South Indian, North Indian (which are authentic) and many “Weird” Indian, which are neither here nor there. However there is not a single East Indian restaurant in NJ that I know of.

I don’t go to Oak Tree road often, and not super familiar with the area, since everywhere in Middlesex Country, and in the Princeton area there is a huge amount of Indian restaurants similar to Oak Tree road.

Only other way to get East Indian food is to order from some families who cater / cook as a side hustle.

Jan 27, 2020
Oak Tree Rd in NJ has some good Indian restaurants. Both South Indian, North Indian (which are authentic) and many “Weird” Indian, which are neither here nor there. However there is not a single East Indian restaurant in NJ that I know of.

I don’t go to Oak Tree road often, and not super familiar with the area, since everywhere in Middlesex Country, and in the Princeton area there is a huge amount of Indian restaurants similar to Oak Tree road.

Only other way to get East Indian food is to order from some families who cater / cook as a side hustle.

Interesting. Is East Indian food similar to that of Bangladesh?

Reactions: cshubhra

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
So....you're stuck in Wuhan Queens....and I'm stuck in da Wuhan Bronx, near Pelham Bay Park. Greetings and salutations from a place that's slightly greener, and slightly south of Westchester County. Happy new year!

Looking for a good pipe/tobacconist in NYC. Seek no more, don't waste your time...there ain't any left....except for tourist joints, and cigar-lounges like Barclay Rex and Davidoff. Wilke's on West 55th St. is gone, so is De La Concha, and Connoisseur's is gone, too. Join the New York Pipe Club, that meets in lower Manhattan. Nice bunch of very friendly and knowledgeable guys.

wayoutwest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2016
KY
Wilkommen vom Colorado! Any good smoking lounges/bars/indoor places in NYC I should check out post-COVID?

Jan 27, 2020

Actually, one of my favorite South Indian take out spots is between Princeton and New Brunswick, Bangalore Express on Rt. 1, if you're ever in the area.

Reactions: cshubhra
Actually, one of my favorite South Indian take out spots is between Princeton and New Brunswick, Bangalore Express on Rt. 1, if you're ever in the area.
I know the place. It is on Route 27 and not on US 1. It is a vegetarian restaurant.

Good Points
1. It makes wonderful samosas, vegetable cutlets and other deep fried fritters. In fact IMO their samosa is amongst the best in NJ
2. It is very cheap

Areas of Improvement
1. Other dishes are also OK, but IMO there are better options

Status
Not open for further replies.