PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

azpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2015
Or is it all hearsay?
I see so much panic, and my source says this, and I heard from a guy, and so on.......
What gives?

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I hope they're not going out of business. They're one of three brands I care about, Dunhill being one also. So, my tobacco world is teetering on the brink.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
I read on this site that someone from another site said they are going to make an announcement soon. I haven't seen anything official from them yet.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
I agree Cortez, this McClellands situation draws me to this site 5 times more than normal.

doctorbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Hearsay at this point. Unfortunately, one of the sources I have heard this from is very trustworthy, and he is in a position that he should know.
FMC is one of my all-time favorites, if it goes away I'll be very disappointed.
Doc

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
That was me hoping this is all just a heresy committed against McClelland. A heresy based on hearsay, if you will.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The reason I believe it is true is because of this statement.
"MO2 – No longer produced McClelland’s #27 Matured "
I took that quote from Pipestud's site. If anyone would know about this situation is is him.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
These losses, while painful, are somewhat galvanizing to the pipe community.
Just remember that voting is great, but armed revolution is more compelling, if you win.
You heard of the Whiskey Rebellion?
We can do better with the Tobacco Insurrection.
Lock 'n load!

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
No official work but don't let that stop you from a spectacular speculation stampede, which seems to have happened already with McClelland tobaccos.

Oct 7, 2016
If smokingpipes.com's sudden influx of McClelland tobacco in recent weeks (as shown by checking their stock levels, not only for 40th Anniversary, but a wide cross section of their line) is not a "bulk sale", I have never seen one. You don't need a weatherman.....

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
It could well be just hearsay but the fact that so many of their blends are sold out and no signs of them being restocked by the retailers cannot be ignored.
Also, many have reported that their local B&M has told them they are unable to restock their products.
What surprises me most is the speed at which all of this has happened. One has to wonder who is next?
Regards,
Jay.

elvergun

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2017
this McClellands situation draws me to this site 5 times more than normal.
And the situation leads us to make 5 times more panic purchases.
I've got so many orders in the mail that I've lost track of what I bought. I guess I'll find out when I open the packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.