PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
There are several McClelland blends I've yet to try, because I don't feel my smoking/taste buds are developed enough to really 'get' what makes various high quality Virginias so good.
I've purchased a couple hundred dollars worth of McClelland blends that have gotten consistently solid reviews from folk I trust. This $200 has absolutely been affected by the panic/confusion about the future of McClelland. I don't yet know what I may like, so I limited myself to only 2-3 cans of each blend I was *most* curious to try. If I love them one day, I'll have a very limited time to love them. If I don't--I'll have a tiny stash I can trade out for something I do.
I'm trying not to be overly influenced by the panic-purchasing, but I'd always assumed that once I felt my palate was better developed I'd have time to dip into a variety of well-received Virginias, and now I don't want to miss out on some of these that *may* disappear. It's a quandary.

azpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2015
All this panic has pushed me to sell a tin of Tudor Castle.
I will let it go for $500.
Who wants it?

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Until I see a thread with a title very close to "Definitive, Substantial, Rock-Solid McClelland Business Information," I swear I won't read another McClelland thread. Speculation, hearsay, arguments about hearsay in the manner of he said/she said. Verified internet palaver and trash. Given the topic I can understand the posts, however, pipe smokers worried about the health of their beloved habit, but I always expect this board to be at least a cut above the internet in general, and because of the moderation most ugliness is short-lived. But no, the board is not above futile speculation, and since no one knows anything, words are inserted into the mouths of some of the most genuine and feelings get hurt.
What a mess! But it's on me to stay out of threads I find distasteful.

cartoon2710.png

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
This thread is now superseded by a factual one: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/mcclelland-were-just-going-to-close-the-doors

Status
Not open for further replies.