PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I bought 3 tins of VA Woods at a B&M this week, and now I'm too scared to open one to try it, lol!

Evidently its now part of my son'd inheritance, lol.
My son can fend for himself. I'm smoking it.
There are 16 or more years of people widely cellaring. And when those crocks croak, tons of tobaccos are going to come onto the market. Don't plan on buying that Norman castle just yet.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
seacaptain, put 1000 in the quantity place in your cart. When they have less than what you want, the number of in stock shows up.
Just tried that and accidentally spent $17,000. Anyone want to jump in on a group buy? :)

Oct 7, 2016
@ben88, damn, you outed my honey hole! :) Been buying McClelland tins from them in quantity over the last year whenever they had a sale or a coupon code I could hijack (in 2017, you could easily find a 15% off coupon, one was good for several months). Filled in a few holes in the last two weeks. Oh well, all good things must end.
For those who feel left out, don't worry. Put a few Benjamins in your sock drawer. The next recession, flippers will be unloading McClelland at a loss. You don't have to be so morbid as to hope I catch up with the actuarial tables (or vice versa?).

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
A guy on facebook group is saying that some machinery, oriental leaf has been sold off to other entities! He also mentioned that there might be another shipment of 40th, frog and stove 35 but that is all. Not sure true or fiction. Just passing on what I read.

steamboat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2017
Now all the Butera blends are selling out on SP. Not many people were buying Royal Vintage Matured Ribbon before all this. I love that blend and have been buying it for ever, now its sold out. I really hope people are buying what they enjoy to smoke, not buy this stuff out to put in a draw for a few decades.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
I think people are really over reacting and hording tobacco for no reason.

A fellow that hangs out at my local tobacconist asked me if I had any red cake.

I replied, No I don't like it that much, He said Oh I just bought eight cans!

I replied wow you must really like it. He said that he has never tried it yet!? :crazy:
I am not going to believe the rumors people are saying about the future of the McClelland company.
I am waiting for Brian to interview one or both of the McClellands on his podcast about the true nature of thier troubles.

If any any all!? And what the future holds for their tobacco company.

steamboat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2017
What I am not understanding is, if people are hoarding these blends for decades to be worth money, they might very be out of luck. If these major Domestic and Foreign companies are shutting shop, its most likely pipe smoking will decrease not increase. Whom will you end up selling your blends too? I cant see a new generation of pipe smokers, if there is even going to be one, paying premium prices for an ancient hobby. If these rumors are true, we just lost 2 MAJOR companies going forward in 1 year. Nighcap and Frog Cellar are the two top selling non drugstore blends in the USA.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
IDK. I think considering that pipe smoking already has a hard emphasis on cellaring, aka hoarding (lol), you can't exactly expect that behavior to not become panic induced when it is already a norm. Speaking for myself, there are McClelland tins gone from the shelf now that I won't ever even get a chance to try, so its more about get it while you can than an attempt to profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.