PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

elvergun

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2017
I've bought too much 40th and discovered I love Deep Hollow a bit too late...

This is all very frustrating.
In a year or two you will probably be able to trade 40th for Deep Hollow without a problem.

elvergun

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2017
40th is a future currency. Like bit coin!
Any McClelland virginia blend will be worth it's weight in gold.
I see 40th selling on ebay for around $35 a tin...and it is still available at Smoking. Imagine how much it will go for when it finally sells out. In two or three years it will sell for crazy prices.

elvergun

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2017
I'm thinking that if they are limited to 10k tins, that there might be a little more after this, but not much.
And slowly but surely the last tins of other McClelland blends are selling out everywhere. I bought a ton of McClelland, but I feel I was unprepared and could have done better. My supply of Dark Star sucks. I always imagined I could just go online and buy a couple more tins whenever I needed to do so. All good things come to those who wait? Ha...not when it comes to pipe smoking.

elvergun

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2017
I'll look around. I did order a bunch of Butera Royal Vintage Dark Stoved.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not buying any more McClellands right now, because I have a fair stash of tobaccos for my needs, but I'm not opening any McClellands either, to see how rare a bird I have in these tins. They are the master blender of Virginias, to my tastes. Others do a fine job, but they are the primo blender. That's how I feel about C&D and burley. Then there's Russ O. who can do it all. I am so glad C&D passed off its blending to SPC once the originators were gone or retired. I'm still suspecting, on a very outside bet, that Dunhill will finally pass off its trademark brands to a different owner, whether that would mean maintenance of their character and quality or not, which would remain to be seen. I think this has been the nature of the pipe tobacco market for many years, if you review the history.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
As far as Dunhill goes, I think it won't be gone for a while. Mostly because I think many retailers of cigars would have a few tins of dunhill stuff even if they carry nothing else.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
My B&M sells DNR for small price of $35.99 plus tax.
Normal tins are $26.99
They sure will sit around untill we really need them.
His McCelland has been raided. He had 5 Tudoar Castle which I bought myself at huge premium along with few Balkan Beauties. My buddy got all his Dark Star and St.James Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.