PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Nope. It’s all non face to face transactions.
it depends on how that bill is written. If the details are targeting online, a good lawyer can weave through a loop hole for catalog ordering or by phone. Just depends. If I was an online vendor, I’d have the lawyer geared up and ready to go.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The "face to face" thing is just another bogus excuse.

If that was really the criteria it could be done with Skype.

There is lots of adult content on the web that requires age verification. But as with so many other things, there are double standards everywhere. Selective enforcement.

Reactions: perdurabo and BROBS

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
One more load is on the way from Esteval's. That brings the cellar to over 150 lbs. I fight these fights against "the man" in my own way.

#winning
"You" might be winning, but many of your pipe smoking brethren will be screwed, not to mention a passion we all share will eventually die off. "The man" still wins

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
They'll be comin' for your Carter Hall too eventually. Surely you realize there's never any end to it...they will never be satisfied. It's a big mistake to think you can ever compromise with such creatures...the control addiction is insatiable and relentless.
Meh, alcohol was illegal once ...for a little while....

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Reactions: docpierce

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
When I started ordering tobacco online, I was under the impression that the vendor goes through some sort of process that verifies age. Am I wrong?
The "face to face" thing is just another bogus excuse.

If that was really the criteria it could be done with Skype.

There is lots of adult content on the web that requires age verification. But as with so many other things, there are double standards everywhere. Selective enforcement.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
When I started ordering tobacco online, I was under the impression that the vendor goes through some sort of process that verifies age. Am I wrong?

As far as I know most of them just have you check the box stating that you are of adult age. But they could verify it more accurately if they wanted to...or were required to.

Reactions: BROBS

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
You can order Alcohol online. You must sign for it. Why not use this process, Rep. Frank Pallone Jr.?

Mr. Pallone, how are you going to explain the disruption of commerce and loss of Jobs. Mr. Pallone? What a Smuck. Sponsoring anti competition legislation for cronies.
Yea, all this makes me want a drink and a smoke?

Reactions: BROBS and brian64

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
As far as I know most of them just have you check the box stating that you are of adult age. But they could verify it more accurately if they wanted to...or were required to.
It would be nice for a vendor to speak up. But you know they have their ass clenched and bracing for impact.

Reactions: BROBS and brian64

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
The state of Kentucky is the second-largest producer of tobacco in the country. Love him or hate him, Mitch McConnell is up for reelection this year and will be engaged in CYA.

Reactions: BROBS

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
Looks like it passed:

Bill NumberStatusFull TextProceedings
H. Res. 866StatusTextView Details

TimeActivity
2:45:13 P.M.Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
2:45:11 P.M.On agreeing to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 210 - 200 (Roll no. 75).
2:38:48 P.M.On ordering the previous question Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 224 - 189 (Roll no. 74).
2:02:45 P.M.Considered as unfinished business. H. Res. 866 — "Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 2339) to amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act with respect to the sale and marketing of tobacco products, and for other purposes."
1:06:26 P.M.POSTPONED PROCEEDINGS - At the conclusion of debate on H. Res. 866, the Chair put the question on ordering the previous question and by voice vote, announced that the ayes had prevailed. Mr. Burgess demanded the yeas and nays and the Chair postponed further proceedings on the question on ordering the previous question until a time to be announced.
12:20:57 P.M.DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate on H. Res. 866.
12:19:22 P.M.Considered as privileged matter. H. Res. 866 — "Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 2339) to amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act with respect to the sale and marketing of tobacco products, and for other purposes."
That sux.

Status
Not open for further replies.