PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
You guys are nuts. Guinness is best cold. When it's cold (like it should be, like they drink it in Ireland), it's crisp and refreshing with a minerally zing to it. Would you drink warm Coke? Warm drinks have more taste, but they don't test better.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
It should be served at cellar temp, 50-55 degrees. I keep all my beers at 40 degrees, which is a little too cold for most of them, but that allows them to warm a good five degrees or so to where they should be. Of course, certain beers need to sit longer to get to a more realistic cellar temp. Room temp is too warm for most beers. I'll be adding a nitrogen/stout tap to my setup in the next few months. I'd love to be able to keep that keg at cellar temp, but, unfortunately, it's going to have to stay at 40 like everything else.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Cellar temperature for me too, just like a good red wine. That's just Guinness though-American beers are best nice and icy!

snewton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2012
UK
I am from over said pond and my opinion is this (MOIT)

Ales just a tad below room temp, Guinness nice and cold.

So now you know :p

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
The first one at the pub is always cold because, heck that's the way they serve it and it doesn't last long enough to get room temperature. Second one is cold for the first three pulls... then the boss gives me that look and I nurse the second half. The third pint is always cold because thats the point in the evening that SWMBO get's up and goes to the powder room. Exact timing allows me to order, drink and exchange glasses before she returns. If I get caught well hopefully the Rugby game is on cause it's a quiet drive home. Her driving of course. At home I leave the can on the counter for a bit till I get around to it. The moral of the story is you single guys can drink your beer any damb way you like. Me well, it depends on the boss! :rofl:

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
Depends on my mood. I'm a stout man, it’s what I grew up on and I love them, but Guinness will always be my favorite. As far as a Guinness is concerned I prefer it at room temperature, the way God intended it to be, but for other stouts (oatmeal’s like a Dragons Milk or Lancaster Brewing Co.) I like it ice cold.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
for me just bellow room temp. But I will not turn one down at any temp. :mrgreen:

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Would you drink warm Coke?
Yes. Yes I would. In fact, that's the only way I can enjoy 'pop'. Cold soda just doesn't agree with me for some reason.
I'm another in the just-below room-tempurature camp for almost all of my dark beers. I use a wine-chiller to keep my oatmeal pops at a lovely 15c (right around 60f).

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
I am with Adam. I never drink pop cold. Not only does it hurt my teeth, you get more at the movies with no ice, although it is slightly chilled. At home, I get Mexican Coke, has sugar not HFCS, and mostly shake it until the fizz in gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.