Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
Does not the can say enjoyed chilled?
The can of which you speak is the Guinness Draught. The beer in question is the bottled Guinness Extra without the widget, just CO2.
beer_photo_es_bottle.jpg

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Guinness in a bottle is a different beast all together. I definitely prefer my Guinness in a bottle to be room temp.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
I love Guiness draft but honestly I had a bottle of this extra stout in my fridge a few years back because my wife mistakenly picked up a six pack of the wrong Guiness. I couldn't drink it. As much as I like the draft I hated the extra stout. Guess I'm not such a man as I thought lol

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Wow!!! What a group I've joined. Pipes, Guinness (prefer Murphy's), add Jameson whiskey and chili and you are all dear to my heart!

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
I apologize for skipping to the end and if anyone got this earlier but the temp should be 56 degrees.

cellar temp. even though the can says serve cold.......

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
After drinking Schlitz in the field in Vietnam an about 110 degrees I now drink my beers chilled. I hope this doesn't offend the purist here.
I prefer lagers and Mexican beers, with some of Guinness's other brew Harp as well. Heck, I like many different labels, just chllled for me.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Cellar is my preferred, home is Texas so half the year its in the fridge so now bottles rupture. My roomtemp is a little higher than Obama asked yall to turn the AC to. lol

Joys or working from home though. Great dress code for warm weather.

lordape

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2013
I've never thought to try it room temp. Now that I think about it, maybe I have... I have it what ever temp the lovely young lass at the bar pulls it. I think I might have to get me a Guinness at the pub next time I visit. Nom nom nom nom.

rebornbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2013
United Kingdom
In the pubs in Ireland, Guinness bottles of Extra or Red Heart always set on a shelf and were served at room temperature - usually with a whiskey on the side!
Draught Guinness from the pump was slightly chilled but as the years have went on, it has been chilled further.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Guinness draft in its home church in Dublin seems to come cooler than room temperature but not chilled,

with a good head as the result of careful drawing. This takes a little while to achieve, so give the barkeep

time. They really are working on it, but give them the necessary time. Also, in Dublin, with your Guinness,

there is usually a generous bar buffet for a most modest price, plenty of food, to keep you around for a

second pint, and maybe another.

Status
Not open for further replies.