PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SmokingMedic

Lurker
Jan 9, 2024
Wisconsin
Hello gentlemen. I fell down the rabbit hole this evening trying to look around for pipe clubs or other fellow pipe smokers in my area and discovered you fine gentlemen.

I live in Wausau Wisconsin, and I’ve been a pipe smoker for about almost 2 years. Unfortunately I was unable to discover you all during the time you made your plans for this particular event. But I wanted to reach out and meet you all, and to share my interest in an even similar to this in the near future!

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Hello gentlemen. I fell down the rabbit hole this evening trying to look around for pipe clubs or other fellow pipe smokers in my area and discovered you fine gentlemen.

I live in Wausau Wisconsin, and I’ve been a pipe smoker for about almost 2 years. Unfortunately I was unable to discover you all during the time you made your plans for this particular event. But I wanted to reach out and meet you all, and to share my interest in an even similar to this in the near future!
Welcome, fellow Wausaunian! I am also in Wausau. I think one of our forum friends down in Point was kicked off this site, but it would be fun to meet up sometime, especially while the weather is warm.

Home Brewing Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2021
NE Wisconsin

Welcome! I'm in the Green Bay area where we met last time. If there's anywhere over by you gents, I'm happy to meet up over there too.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I'm afraid that I couldn't make the 31st work this month, but that absolutely should not stop you guys from getting together then if that's best for others.

If on the other hand you all land on something in September, let me know.
Also, the sooner we choose a date the better, for those who need to plan around these things.

Thanks!

Reactions: JoeW

SmokingMedic

Lurker
Jan 9, 2024
Wisconsin
Unfortunately I work the 8/31. If push comes to shove and that was the best day for all/most people I could make it work. Otherwise I am open to alternative dates as well.

SmokingMedic

Lurker
Jan 9, 2024
Wisconsin
So today I spent time looking at my calendar for work and personal stuff, but also keeping a meet up in the back of my mind.

I would like to accommodate JoeW with August 31st, but I do see it doesn’t work for SBC and myself. I also worry it might be too short of notice for some on here.

Perhaps we could look into an alternative date. For me personally the any Saturday in October works with my schedule.
BUT, I am open to discussing any alternative dates.

SmokingMedic

Lurker
Jan 9, 2024
Wisconsin
So today I spent time looking at my calendar for work and personal stuff, but also keeping a meet up in the back of my mind.

I would like to accommodate JoeW with August 31st, but I do see it doesn’t work for SBC and myself. I also worry it might be too short of notice for some on here.

Perhaps we could look into an alternative date.

JoeW

Can't Leave
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA

Perhaps we could look into an alternative date.

Oh, please don’t worry about accommodating me: I only threw out 8/31 because we were planning on that date, and now it looks likely to change to 9/1 anyway.

October could work for me too, and probably better than Labor Day weekend anyway. You all figure what’ll work best for you, and I’ll be there if I possibly can.

Reactions: SmokingMedic

Home Brewing Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Prohibition was fantastic. I'd be happy to stick with that.
I know anywhere is going to be a trek for you. I just feel guilty living so close by and would be happy to go somewhere closer to others.

Agree though on Prohibition. I've been back twice since we all met up there!

Reactions: SBC

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I know anywhere is going to be a trek for you. I just feel guilty living so close by and would be happy to go somewhere closer to others.

Agree though on Prohibition. I've been back twice since we all met up there!

It's my fault for living in the boondocks! ;-)

I like Prohibition a lot. Appreciate your thoughtfulness though.

One other possibility would be an outdoor venue, of course.

Either way, I know another pipe smoker up here (who is not a forum member) whom I may bring along this next time.

Reactions: Singularis

Commander McBragg

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2021
Wisconsin
I’m in Door County. I have a neat little English pub I built called the frog and toad we could do a meet up in? I’m Old Man Things in the YTPC

• Love
Reactions: SBC