PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
It's my fault for living in the boondocks! ;-)

I like Prohibition a lot. Appreciate your thoughtfulness though.

One other possibility would be an outdoor venue, of course.

Either way, I know another pipe smoker up here (who is not a forum member) whom I may bring along this next time.
I’d be happy to do a pipe club meetup on a Friday or Saturday in September.

Reactions: SBC

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
@Commander McBragg I rarely watch anything pipe related on YT, but since my family and I semi-frequently visit Door County, I thought that I'd look you up just now. Wow! Extremely impressive job on that shed!

I spent some time walking in the Yorkshire Dales, years ago, and you seem to have nailed it.

I'm up in Niagara, but would try to make any meet up that you all put on the calendar. My life involves several pertinent moving parts (including that I typically work on Saturdays, and would prefer to schedule a Saturday off if I were going to spend a Friday night that far away), so let me know as soon as possible what date you land on.

Reactions: Commander McBragg

Commander McBragg

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2021
Wisconsin
@Commander McBragg I rarely watch anything pipe related on YT, but since my family and I semi-frequently visit Door County, I thought that I'd look you up just now. Wow! Extremely impressive job on that shed!

I spent some time walking in the Yorkshire Dales, years ago, and you seem to have nailed it.

I'm up in Niagara, but would try to make any meet up that you all put on the calendar. My life involves several pertinent moving parts (including that I typically work on Saturdays, and would prefer to schedule a Saturday off if I were going to spend a Friday night that far away), so let me know as soon as possible what date you land on.
Thanks so much for the kind words. Oh I bet that was fantastic in Yorkshire. I have been to England many times but never that far north.

Reactions: SBC

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
@SBC did I sell a bunch of pipes to you a few years ago? Seems like you look really familiar. just curious.

Is that you!? Haha, amazing -- yes, I know right where you live then!

I gave some of those to some newly budding pipe smokers to help them get started, but I saved a certain unmarked prince shape that I was especially fond of -- it always smokes particularly well!

As I recall you were giving up pipes due to an incompatibility with a medication? Has that been resolved?

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I saved a certain unmarked prince shape that I was especially fond of -- it always smokes particularly well!

I see that I mentioned it here:

Commander McBragg

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2021
Wisconsin
Is that you!? Haha, amazing -- yes, I know right where you live then!

I gave some of those to some newly budding pipe smokers to help them get started, but I saved a certain unmarked prince shape that I was especially fond of -- it always smokes particularly well!

As I recall you were giving up pipes due to an incompatibility with a medication? Has that been resolved?
Yes. I changed meds and was able to smoke again. But nothing too strong