Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Dark Flake U/S
Brown Flake U/S

A man who knows his tobacco!

BTW, tried Dark Flake Scented? Heavenly!
Yeah. I like it, in limited doses. The flavorings are very unusual and kind of shocking to my palate and olfactory senses. I probably smoke like one bowl of the scented for every 10 bowls or more of the unscented.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
I think it's the old Lakeland standby, rose geranium.

Yeah, I think so too, with some licorice as well. I really like the rose geranium, like in St. Bruno, but it's kind of a strange combination with the licorice or whatever. I do like it though. Have you had the Brown Flake Scented? What are those scents/flavorings like?

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Yeah, I think so too, with some licorice as well. I really like the rose geranium, like in St. Bruno, but it's kind of a strange combination with the licorice or whatever. I do like it though. Have you had the Brown Flake Scented? What are those scents/flavorings like?
I’ve never tried the brown flake scented, but I hear it’s the same flavourings as dark flake scented and black twist sliced scented.

I have tried the brown flake licorice, and it is probably my favourite licorice smoke. The flavour really grows on the palette in between sips.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
It's been a long time since I smoked DF scented, and then not much of it, but I would say that the topping for DF Scented was lush, that is very full and delightful, so I wouldn't be surprised at all that it is more than just rose geranium.

I never smoked Brown Flake Scented.

I haven't seen it in awhile, but entire threads can spin out Lakeland bashing, their war cry "Grannie's panties" or "Urinal cake." But that flies in the face of the fact that Lakeland tobaccos have a very solid niche in the market because of scenting, price and quality certainly also very important.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
I've always thought the descriptions used to deride Lakeland toppings were pretty funny. Like with the sauce scale created by Jaytex. It has been interesting to see them gain popularity, maybe not coincidentally with their decreased availability. I think it's mostly a good thing, as it keeps the Gawiths busy and invested in their continued production.

I like a lot of the scents and flavorings but they are way too intense for me to smoke regularly. The Unscented versions, which seem to have a touch of something floral, whether via shared machinery or similar casings in the base tobaccos, are kind of the perfect level for me.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Now in stock at Cup O’ Joes.
Thanks for the update!

I'm saving my business for the retailers that will let me buy by the ounce. This "BUY THE 500G! DO IT! DO IT BEFORE IT'S GONE" thing is somewhat inconvenient for me, although I can understand as a retailer why you might not want to whittle down your boxes to sell in baggies.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Serves us right for being cheap and trying to get free shipping haha
They really had a limited selection on the GH. I would have bought box of Bright CR, Cherry Vanilla, or maybe one of the flavored ropes. I know distribution is supposed to be better but it does not seem that any retailer was able to go deep in some of the more popular blends. There are still a few retailers that I am waiting to see post...

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
They really had a limited selection on the GH. I would have bought box of Bright CR, Cherry Vanilla, or maybe one of the flavored ropes. I know distribution is supposed to be better but it does not seem that any retailer was able to go deep in some of the more popular blends. There are still a few retailers that I am waiting to see post...
Yeah especially since tobaccopipes and watch city have sold out already too.

Status
Not open for further replies.