PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio
Just giving everyone a heads up, Mars just dropped their GH. Looks like only 500g boxes currently.

There’s so many I want to try I haven’t had a chance yet, but I went with one box of Bobs Chocolate Flake knowing that I love it! Hope to get some tins or 2 oz samples of others in the future.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Good to see other distributors receiving their supply!

I know some people feel the SPC bulk prices on these blends are a bit high, but I do appreciate the chance to try many of these blends without committing to a 500 gr box.

Mars is good people though. I've never had anything but good experiences ordering from them.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Just giving everyone a heads up, Mars just dropped their GH. Looks like only 500g boxes currently.

There’s so many I want to try I haven’t had a chance yet, but I went with one box of Bobs Chocolate Flake knowing that I love it! Hope to get some tins or 2 oz samples of others in the future.
If you don't like it, I'd be happy to buy a couple ounces off you.

I'm in for some Dark Flake Unscented and Brown Flake Unscented. Two of my favorites. Got an ounce of Boson Plug to try as well. Hopefully, with Laudisi involved the supply becomes more regular. Yes, the Lakelands are very in fashion right now, but it wasn't like this even a couple years ago with the near instant sell outs of these tobaccos.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
The only Gawith I’ve smoked is Squadron Leader, I have a tin from 2012, and it’s awesome.

As we all know, Gawith has been one of those come and go quick, so for me, all these blends I ordered are a first for me.

I also ordered an ounce of Kendal Flake and Bosun Cut Plug off of SPC.

Not sure between the Bosun Plug and Cut Plug, if there’s any difference.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Ahh the Edit time ran out. :(

I also have a tin of Ennerdale that has a few years on it, haven’t smoked that one either.

Man there’s going to be a Gawith Party around here real soon! LOL
rotf

This is my party style! ;)

48A0D520-F391-4E78-A89B-97BE540B0BDF.jpeg

P.S. I found the picture at MacQueen Pipes.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
The only Gawith I’ve smoked is Squadron Leader, I have a tin from 2012, and it’s awesome.

As we all know, Gawith has been one of those come and go quick, so for me, all these blends I ordered are a first for me.

I also ordered an ounce of Kendal Flake and Bosun Cut Plug off of SPC.

Not sure between the Bosun Plug and Cut Plug, if there’s any difference.
I believe the only difference is the cut. The plug is a solid block plug and the cut plug is a broken flake. There are probably very slight differences just because of how the cut affects the flavor, but it's the same stuff. The Gawiths are kind of cool in offering the same tobacco in multiple cuts at times. Like my favorite, Dark Flake. There is also Dark Plug, a plug version, and Kendal Dark, a shag or thin ribbon cut version.

I like Squadron Leader too, and it's one of the few Gawiths that will stay in stock at times. I also love me some Navy Flake, which can stick around on shelves at times as well.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I believe the only difference is the cut. The plug is a solid block plug and the cut plug is a broken flake. There are probably very slight differences just because of how the cut affects the flavor, but it's the same stuff. The Gawiths are kind of cool in offering the same tobacco in multiple cuts at times. Like my favorite, Dark Flake. There is also Dark Plug, a plug version, and Kendal Dark, a shag or thin ribbon cut version.

I like Squadron Leader too, and it's one of the few Gawiths that will stay in stock at times. I also love me some Navy Flake, which can stick around on shelves at times as well.

The cuts I understand, was hoping there could be a difference.

My 2012 SG SL is mild and sweet, I’m assuming because of the age on it, it’s really amazing.

Boswell’s even shipped out my order today! :)

WOW talk about fast service! ?

My SPC order is a different story, ordered it on Wednesday and it looks like it shipped today. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: BROBS and danimalia

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
If you don't like it, I'd be happy to buy a couple ounces off you.

I'm in for some Dark Flake Unscented and Brown Flake Unscented. Two of my favorites. Got an ounce of Boson Plug to try as well. Hopefully, with Laudisi involved the supply becomes more regular. Yes, the Lakelands are very in fashion right now, but it wasn't like this even a couple years ago with the near instant sell outs of these tobaccos.
Dark Flake U/S
Brown Flake U/S

A man who knows his tobacco!

BTW, tried Dark Flake Scented? Heavenly!

Mark 0092

Might Stick Around
Jan 9, 2021
Zug
Luckily i can smoke a lot of hoggart preferably scented ... bright cr flake is my all day but i also ride on westmorland slice, brown irish twist (excellent) similar to brown 4 samuel, dark flake, lousianna perique and sometimes kendal flake which has its aroma more scented than the others and ennerdale every now and then ....

Status
Not open for further replies.