PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Awesome! Thanks for posting pics! I'd love to see the blowfish in action too. That is a cool little pipe. I hope this lot helps expand your boundaries a little. The Blowfish came from Mike at Briarblues. When you get to where you want to buy another pipe see what he has to offer. He sends all kinds of cool stuff for the FPP.

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
Dave- here is the Blowfish in action! It puffs the Bulkan Luxury Blend 956 very nicely.

5ACD7790-A907-4E8F-A84A-E5DD026B79C7_zpsafikltdx.jpg
[/url][/img]

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
I've loved the virgin briar smoking experience. Though it has an off drilled draft hole it smokes very nice. An anomaly? I'm happy to have!
WHERE ARE THE PICS OF OTHER RECIPIENTS? Get your poop in a group and post!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Well I have to say that the response to this project has been overwhelming. In total I have recieved over 100 pipes from people all over and though I have restored many, 100 pipes is a daunting task for anyone especially as oxidized as some of these are. I would say that so far I have restored and sent out or given away about 50 pipes plus piles of tobacco. So in response to seeking the advice of others I am going to sell some of the rougher pipes and use the proceeds to buy some higher quality pipes to send out to guys. I have kept back the best of what has been sent in which I will restore and find homes for those. I hope you guys find that acceptable. Every pipe that was sent in is appreciated and I'm still open to receive pipes, but I just don't have the time to restore every one that crosses the workbench. That being said I hope to have another batch done in a couple of weeks and will be contacting the next batch of recipients.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Here is the next lot of pipes that will be going out soon. Thanks to Vorhees and another of our generous donors who wishes to remain anonymous for these pipes. Yes the bottom one is an Ascorti and better yet it is an older one made by Pepino Ascorti himself and it is unsmoked. There is also an Askwith, LJ Peretti, and some very nice little Medicos. I will be sending these out in a week or so.

imagejpg1_zpsb20bfe43.jpg

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
Hello all,
I have been a forum member since mid October and have been smoking a pipe for a few months now. I am a college student just finishing my associate degree. I started with a MM Ozark Mini (it was cheap), which I have since passed on to my best friend who I see only a few times a year. My second pipe was a MM Hardwood Diplomat that was just never right (I made a post about how disgusting it was before I pitched it). I am down to one pipe in my stable, a Chapuis Comoy 2-2 which I just love the shape of. I have been able to afford 4 kinds of aromatic tobacco thus far in small 1-2 ounce bulk baggies that I have kept in little pint mason jars. By Thanksgiving I expect to be on my last few pinches of tobacco. I am hoping to purchase a small tin of Frog Morton on Cyber Monday (if there are even sales?) as that was recommended to me several times and I have never tried a non-aromatic blend.
I have never been one to ask for free things, but it would be tremendously helpful to be a part of this project. The restoration work on the pipes is beautifully done and the tobacco looks plentiful enough that I would be able to split it between my best friend and I. Maybe one of the tins will catch my brother's eye as well and I will have brought two converts into the pipe smoking community. I would be very grateful to be put on the list as I want to keep at this and keep learning. Thank you.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Just a reminder about the project. I pick names for this based on community participation and need, not in the order that they were submitted. This project was started for two purposes. To help the new guy by expanding his rotation and also his tobacco palate. But equally important to me is building the community here at Pipesmagazine.com. There are rules for buying and selling, miminum post requirements etc, but I don't operate by those rules. That being said if you haven't posted for a couple of months or the only posts you have made have been on this thread, chances are I won't contact you. I actually look at the site history for anyone who has submitted a name to see if they are really serious about the hobby, but also to learn more about the person so that I can send the best selection to meet their tastes and likes. So don't just lurk, participate.

mrholmes

Lurker
Nov 22, 2014
Just wanted to say that I admire what you are doing, it really shows a lot about how much you care about the culture. Much respect to you. If at all possible I'd like to put my name in the hat so to speak. I only own one pipe which I would really like to retire due to its sentimental value as it was my father's Sir Walter Raleigh pipe and its older than I am. I just don't have the funds to replace it at this time. As for tobacco I am using the Bacco brand. Cheapest I can get so I really haven't been able to try any other kinds yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. God bless.

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
Gentlemen,
I want to thank everyone involved with the FPP and especially Dave. I am able to continue to enjoy this hobby because of you. I am very thankful. This is more tobacco than I have ever had and much, much higher quality. The pipes are absolutely gorgeous as well and I will cherish them for as long as I have them. Thank you. I will try to take a picture of me putting everything to use in the next few days. I have to actually borrow a phone to take decent quality pictures, haha. For now I have these below:

Oct 31, 2014
I too received my shipment. I am blown away at the amount of tobacco and the quality of pipes. You gentlemen have humbled me with your generosity, and I hope to be able to pass it on some day. Thank you. Seriously.
Here a couple of really blurry pics. Sorry they aren't better. That's me smoking some Lord Methly in the Medico Cavalier. I'm not brave enough to smoke that amazing Ascorti yet. I want to decide what tobacco to dedicate to it.
vAJzWGll.jpg

c2E3S8Dl.jpg

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
beardedbassguy and mephistopheles
Glad to see the Cavalier and Prince getting some use. Both were fine smokers in my collection, just didn't see enough rotation and were some of the firsts I purchased 3-4 years ago when I started smoking pipes.

Enjoy!

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
Voorhees, I had never seen a Prince of Wales shape before I opened the package. I picked it up and was like, "Yes, this is my shape." It's nice and light and the grain is just gorgeous. Thank you. I could be happy with a full rotation of just that shape. It is so classy!
To the anonymous donor, thank you. My brother is absolutely in love with the L.J. Peretti pipe. I'm not sure what shape it is, but he can't keep his hands off of it. He loves the straight edges and he says it's very comfortable to hold. It's the first time he's really taken an interest in pipes. I think you made a convert of him before I even did! So awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.