PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2014
Due a bad case of PAD I have enough pipes. But here in this sad town of mine nobody carries tinned pipe tobacco. It's all jarred blends. Which kills me for the fact that I have no idea what folks are talking about with their Lane Q1 or this or that. lol One day I may break down and order something online.... one day.

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
I've enjoyed pipe smoking and the great community here in the forums! I'm almost a month in and very much the wiser than I was thanks to everyone's feedback.
I've had such a great time that I'm sending a new MM Cob and a Kaywoodie Bulldog estate,that I restored, to my father for his birthday. I'm sure he'll enjoy as much as I have. And hopefully he will lay off the nails. Hopefully! Can't wait to get his phone call. I don't see him or talk to him much because he lives 3hrs away and I don't drive.
Hey shaintiques how do I get my name on the noble list of yours!
Enjoy your pipes fellas.
Donavan

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
I forgot to mention which baccis I'm sending my father.
1 pouch CBW

1 pouch Carter Hall

1oz McC Mature Cake

1oz house blend of 965
I believe that's a good jumping off point,huh?
Donavan

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
Of course the squat bulldog flying saucer thing smokes well its a weber. Great work shantiques. But with all this good work you are doing, aren't you worried that you will be taken to heaven early? I hope you are balancing it out. :nana:

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
Thank you shaintiques! Best news I've heard in a long while. Now I'm firing up a pipe and hitting the forums on how to post the pics.
Smoke on fellow abiders!
Donavan

tinkertank

Might Stick Around
Sep 5, 2014
I've been looking at this thread post all day, deciding whether or not to post in it.
I only have a couple pipes, mostly cobs. I'm not exactly at a good place right now, any spare cash I have now will have to go for buying tobacco. I'm not really one for asking for help, I'm terrible at it actually. Looking at this thread and some of the good things you guys have been doing for new guys and other people, though. If just even the smallest fraction, might be put upon me. I'd be just awful grateful.
For your consideration, thank you.

Eric, Tinkertank

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Thanks for posting Eric, I will add you to the list. And when your time comes, though it is called the Free Pipe Project, I will send along a healthy selection of tobacco to try too.

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
Hey guys. I appreciate this effort, specially as someone who lives on an island where there are little pipe smokers and only 2 tobacco shops dedicated entirely to cigars. I actually have a Stanwell 32, a Dr. Grabow, and one corn cob. Purchasing quality pipes and tobaccos thus requires lots of hours reading articles, forums and reviews, because you don't have a local pipe guy to help you out. Also, you gave to buy pipes based on photos and specs alone with no chance of appraising a certain model or shape in person. Keep up this great initiative! Cheers!

evanu

Lurker
Sep 10, 2014
I think this project is great. The pipe smoking community from what I've seen has been very welcoming to new people. I myself have just gotten into it. I've been smoking cigars for a year, but like the novelty of pipe smoking.

It feels kind of odd asking, but could I be put on the list? I've been searching for a good pipe and tobacco for the better part of a month now. I have a tiny corn cob that I picked up at a local store, it gets me by. Thanks all.
Evan

n240sxguy

Lurker
Sep 21, 2014
I just stumbled across this site and thread. I always remembered my grand dad smoking a pipe when I was little, and the great smell in their house. My wife was completely against smoking, but I somehow convinced her that a pipe was a good idea, and she bought me the beautiful Nording in my avatar last Christmas. I have tried a handful of aromatics, and I like the ones I have tried. I bought a Dr Grabow Viking off ebay so I could have a pipe that I didn't cherish as much as the Nording so I could smoke it on my way to work occassionally. I would love to be added to this list so I can try some aromatics that I haven't come across yet, and maybe wonder over to the English side a little. I haven't tried any English blends because I read about ghosting, and I didn't want to taint the pipes I already have.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Hey 240sx, welcome to the site. I wanted one of those to replace my CRX, because of the RWD. Great car, though I love my 99 Miata more. Consider the little British sports car made in Japan when (if) it's ever time to replace the 240. Now back to pipes and tobacco :)

n240sxguy

Lurker
Sep 21, 2014
Thanks for the welcome. I totalled the 240 years ago, but the user name just stuck. Replaced it with a turbo MR2. Sold it before I got married because I couldn't afford any future maintenance it might need being mid engine. One of my lifelong regrets. I went 4X4 after I got stuck multiple times in a snow storm in 04 in a front wheel drive car. I have a 4Runner now. Can't beat a Toyota.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Boo! A 240 to a (probably) 2nd Gen MR2 to an SUV! So add a cheap 1st Gen Miata for the sunny days :)
Don't want to hijack the thread too much; this may be the best one on the site.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I am pleased to announce that my name was thrown into the hat by a very generous member (simnettpratt) and our dear shaintiques put me on this awesome list. Today when the postman arrived he had a package with my name on it, which is exciting no matter what is in it, but when you open it to see pipe tobacco it's the best package their is! :D I am extra excited since I have never had the pleasure of trying any of these tobaccos before.
Included in this package is the following:

- A tin of Sutliffs Balkan Luxury Blend 957

Breckinridge

Kasimir

and. R-Blend Smoking Mixture

Sitting on the Balkan Luxury is a healthy Baggie of Comoys Cask #4 which smells AMAZING!!
I immediately took a flake of the Comoys out to dry a bit and snapped some pictures to show off just how amazing Shain is and this generous gift that has been given to me. Thank you so much for this, it really puts some sun into my cloudy day... months... better yet, year. It is greatly appreciated!!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
YAY!! Thank you Dave shaintiques. And to whoever donated the tobacco that Dave didn't. I've never even heard of any of the Sutliff's. Those look pretty tasty, too. I'd be digging into that Comoy's first as well :)
Congratulations Dave redbeard; thank you Dave shaintiques and donors, from Dave simnettpratt.

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
Congrats on your delivery. Enjoy! I to want to thank all the kind gentlemen that give for this project. You all are very generous.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hello fellows who are waiting or lurking on the FPP, be sure to tell us what you've got pipes and tobacco wise. That helps me decide what to send and who is really in need. Also this project is run to help new smokers and guys down on their luck, but also to help the community. I don't shell out pipes based on the order I get them, but on need and participation in forum life. And as I have said before if any of the guys on the forum have a friend who they are converting and need some pipe help let me know and I will see what I can do.
I have gotten in a few more boxes this week. I received 3 little estates from one of the gang, actually not sure who, but it is appreciated and Briar blues sent a gorgeous little unsmoked freehand blowfish as well as a tobacco pouch with pipe rest and Brittish buttner reamer. I will post pics soon of the pipes on the shop table waiting to be restored or sent out.

Status
Not open for further replies.