PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
Wow... This is really nice!! What a generous project. One of these days, if I happen to retire one of my pipes, I'd gladly donate it! I've only been smoking a pipe for about a month now, though... LOL :oops:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great program. Recipients will never forget the generosity. This is a great way to cull pipes, rather than

making a few bucks on ebay. If they're never smoked, but are good smokeable pipes, this is the way to go.

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
+1, We who receive gifts are definitely grateful for all of you who have participated in the FPP.

Crawley1066

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 14, 2014
United Kingdom
www.jpcleather.com
Hi all,
This is my first post on this forum as I've just started on the pipe after years of cigarette smoking and I just wanted to say that this is exactly one of the reasons why. It's awesome to be part of a community that looks out for each other and cares about other people's enjoyment and seems to know that that what it's all about... Enjoying it!
Thanks for everything you're doing, it's certaintly put a smile on my face,

Jason

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
Got my FPP package last Wednesday while I was fighting a cold. Needless to I didn't feel like puffing though I was very tempted. The package made my day! I want to all the generous donators and Dave for taking the time to put this together. I'll post pics in a day or two. Can't wait to smoke a bowl in a new pipe with naked briar (the Blowfish)in the bowl. Then there is the new estate SMS meerschaum tomato that had some dottle in it. What's the deal with that Dave? Had to give it a go before you sent it out? Lol
Great Smokes, Donavan

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hmm must have missed a little in the cleanup. I swabbed the stem on that one but not the bowl. And thanks for the feedback. Do be sure to post pics. I know that I have repeatedly commented about this, but some of the recipients have never gotten around to posting pics and to those of us who have donated and worked hard at restoring these pipes it seems a bit ungrateful. Take the time and do it. It really isn't that hard. I spend hours of my free time restoring these pipes, the least you guys can do it post a pic of you smoking it. That is the fuel for the fire that keeps this project alive.

Oct 31, 2014
I feel a bit sheepish posting here, but I will give it a shot after seeing the incredible generosity displayed already in this thread.
I am a brand new pipe smoker; had my first smoke 2 weeks ago. It was instant love, and I wasn't even a regular tobacco user beforehand.
I know I am brand new here, but I plan on being around for quite a while. If I could be put on the list for a briar pipe, that would make my day. Any aromatic tobaccos would be a plus as well.
Currently my only smoke-able pipes are 2 MM cobs. I had a Grabow that I got on the CVS closeout, but I ended up giving that to another newbie pipe smoker. I do have an estate no-name basket briar that my good friend gave me (the one that got me into pipes) but it's in very rough shape, and I am still trying to learn how to restore it to smoking condition.
Normally I would not ask for things for free, especially from complete strangers... But my wife and I just had our first baby (2 months old!) and she isn't working, so money isn't readily available.
I'm sure there are others far more worthy of your generosity than me, but if I could be put on the list, I promise it won't go to waste, and the generosity will be passed on later as I am able.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I will add you to the list beardedbassguy. You sound just like me when I started the hobby. We will get you something as soon as I'm able. Until then ask questions, have fun, and learn all you cam from the vast wealth of knowledge on here.

n240sxguy

Lurker
Sep 21, 2014
Congratulations beardedbassguy! Enjoy the baby. They grow crazy fast. My oldest will be 8 in February. We had number four 5 weeks ago.

Oct 31, 2014
@shaintiques Thank you so much! I patiently await whatever treasure you can find for me.
@n240sxguy Thanks man. And yes, even at 2 months, he is growing and changing so fast, I'm scared I'm going to miss something if I blink.

n240sxguy

Lurker
Sep 21, 2014
I can't tell you how many times I had to work 4-5 days straight, and came home to find something different about them. Cool and sad at the same time.

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
I want to thank all those involved with FPP! It's a one of a kind gesture that I'm most grateful to receive. I've been sick with a cold since I've gotten my package. It did make my day once I opened the box of goodies. My girlfriend states she has never heard my deep voice go up so many octaves! Lol. I'm feeling well enuf to smoke now. So please enjoy the next installments of pics.Thanks again to Dave and Andystewart for they are only namesakes I know of the FPP and to many nameless donors that help push the cause.
9957139E-6AC7-4FC8-9A4C-48D29E6EBAF6_zpsf8vkedv6.jpg
[/url][/img]
I'm smoking Comoys Cask#4 in a SMS Squat Tomato bent Meerschaum that came with a case.

n240sxguy

Lurker
Sep 21, 2014
I've always liked the look of meerschaum. My mom bought my grandad one when I was young. He never smoked it much because he said it was too pretty. That and the smell of his prince Edward pipe tobacco set me on my future path I think.

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
Here is a pic of the tinned tobacco and the bagged tobacco I recently put in mason jars. Included are the SMS Squat Tomato and case, a Josh Bafford Blowfish pipe, a pipe stand, a Peterson's of Paris tobacco pouch, and a pipe tool.

FD96667E-17BE-4B23-A942-8F84A5CC168B_zps938azpwx.jpg
[/url][/img]
Now I'll name the tobaccos.
1 tin each of Sutliff:

Balkan Luxury Blend 957

R-Blend Smoking Mixture

Top Shelf

Breckinridge
Others:

Comoys Cask #4

P&C Best of the Rest

Borkem Riff Trinidad