PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Somehow I was unaware of this project. Hats off to shaintiques and all those who help make this happen. Is there some way that others can help too? I do not have a pipe to give but I wouldn't mind buying a tin or two every now and then and sending it your way. Or perhaps a fund set up to offset shipping? I hope so.
This is a great project and proof once again that this forum's virtue is its participants.
j/B

welsh1

Lurker
Feb 26, 2015
Hi what a great site.. I am a newbie just bought a Bewlay Standard Reject pipe from eBay and a corn cob I am using Alsbo Cherry Pipe Tobacco (50g Pouch), it's really nice.. And yet to try these.... Gawiths American Ultimum (Optimum Substitute) Pipe Tobacco........ Century Columbian Coffee American Pipe Tobacco
I am from the UK wales to be exact.. Would appreciate being added to the generous list

I have lLearned a lot from you guys

Thanks

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey guys, any donations are welcome, tobacco, tampers, lighters, pipe tools, pipe racks. I have received all of these from different folks. Also money is helpful to help me offset the cost of restoration materials, shipping materials, but also to,help the guys who have trouble affording shipping. The way the project works is that the guys on the receiving end pay the shipping if they can. If they can"t I try to find a donor. But each recipient gets 6 tins of tobacco, 2 pipes, and some loose tobaccos. So for the price of shipping it is a deal. All that to say that any donations are very welcome. PM me on how that works

wfin73

Might Stick Around
Aug 7, 2014
Here's my box of goodies!
Hope my pictures post correctly! I'll post a pic of me lighting one up tomorrow!
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxuvHycQ-96FNzRFLXRLLUs5bXM/edit?usp=docslist_api

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxuvHycQ-96FVVhkQTgycy1ES3c/edit?usp=docslist_api
Thanks again!!!

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
Congrats wfin73!
They might not have posted how you wanted, but you can still see the pictures if you click the link.
Looks like a good mix and a great set of pipes.

wfin73

Might Stick Around
Aug 7, 2014
The one with the yellow stem is only labeled "pipe pub" and France. Don't know too much about it, the other one is a comoy. So excited!

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
Pfft, "a rose by any other name..."
Forget the name and let us know how those puppies smoke.
I think sharing your experience will be the payback to the people that donated.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Glad you like what you got. And thanks for posting pics. We would love to see a pic of you smoking one and feedback about how they smoke is of course always great too.

wfin73

Might Stick Around
Aug 7, 2014
Will definitely post more pics, just didn't have a chance to fire one up tonight. With temps in the teens it was a little chilly to smoke on the front porch!

pcr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2014
Shantiques, this discussion is what I call a community! I too am a new pipe smoker. Off and on for maybe a year. I have a Dr. Graybow and a Bari, and recently a Bjorn from a local guy getting out of the hobby. Here in WA State, the tobacco taxes are insane so my scope of tinned tobacco is nill (average 50g tin at my local B&M is in excess of $25). I've had a bit of the B&M blends though. I'd enjoy expanding my tobacco horizon a bit. Hopefully I can contribute to this extraordinary endeavor at some point. Thank you for your efforts and good will. I too am trying to spread the good will of smoking a pipe, trying to start a local club here. Piping is good!

chlorophil7

Might Stick Around
Feb 19, 2015
I received my package from this awsome project! I have been busy the past few days and am this weekend too... Here is a photo of what I got in the meantime. I will get a photo of me smoking and talk about it in a future post.

DSC07224.jpg

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah I sent chlorophil7 a new cob and 2 briars as he said he didn't have any pipes at all. That should give him a nice little starter rotation.

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
Mine showed up last night, but I didn't have a chance to play until this morning XD. The left pipe is a Big Ben, the right pipe is a Northern Briars "Regal". Add to that an exciting selection of tobacco, all of which made my mouth water, and it's needless to say I felt like a little kid in a candy shop! In these pictures I'm trying out the bag of Granger in the NBR.
pipe_box-600x450.jpg

picture0269-600x450.jpg

picture0274-600x450.jpg

It smokes beautifully. No issue with draw, it barely gets warm, even after 30 minutes of puffing away. Once I'm ready for another bowl, I'll light up the Big Ben and post a shot or two of it. To David and everyone else involved with the free pipe project, thank you. This is fantastic!

wfin73

Might Stick Around
Aug 7, 2014
OK, let's give this photo thing another try.
]

[/url]
]null
]null
Tried out some chocolate and honey in the Comoy. Boy does this thing have a big bowl! Great smoker though!

wfin73

Might Stick Around
Aug 7, 2014
Shaintiques, what kind of pipe is the one with the yellow stem, and how am I supposed to get a pipe cleaner down the stem? That sucker has a tiny hole!! I love it though, perfect for a quick little smoke! I'm trying that one next!
I love the Comoy, I love rusticated pipes.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Not sure. Most of the pipes I got in that lot are Big Bens. But i use craft pipe cleaners like you get at hobby lobby. They are chenille and the wire is slimmer than a traditional cotton pipe cleaner.
Also I don't remember who donated the Comoys but there were two. The above pictured and a nice bent. I gave the bent to a guy at my local B&M who only had two pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.