PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

n240sxguy

Lurker
Sep 21, 2014
Thanks! I had to trim them a bit yesterday. I would have them a little bigger, but I have to be able to wear a full face respirator and scba at work.

mdre0b

Lurker
Mar 16, 2015
I currently have a MM pony express straight pipe and a MM bent hardwood pipe. I've been smoking for a few months now, and would love to be added to your list. I've tried a few different aromatics and some OTC brands so far. I haven't found a brand I like well enough to call my everyday smoke yet.

azpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2015
Looks like I may have missed out. Nonetheless, I wanted to say thank you for doing such an awesome project. Its very cool to see this sort of thing happen. I don't think I've ever seen this sort of generosity spearheaded on any other forum.
All the best.

throbinson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2014
Zurich, ON (Canada)
I like reading through threads like these... sounded like a great project.
Not a part of the project but someone on here was nice enough to have sent me a few nice pipes for free because I posted something about an old Koolsmoke pipe I had. Sadly, about a week after I got them, the user deleted his account... never got to post any pics of me enjoying my new pipes.
User had over 3100 posts so must've been a member here for a while, not sure why he left.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey guys the project is still active. I prep and send pipes when I get time and they normally go out in batches. Thanks for posting and expressing interest. Be patient and I will get to you eventually. Throbinson there are lots of generous folks on here. People leave for various reasons, but hey whether they are still on or not you should post up some pics of you smoking them anyway. Might be he will see it even though he isn't active anymore. And besides we all like seeing more pipes.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Well what a wonderful idea. I am surprised I have not seen this thread before actually.
I am not in the position where I need either more pipes or more tobacco. I really just wanted to give a pat on the back to shaintiques and all who have donated. Also, extend a welcome to those who are new to the pleasures of the pipe.
I wish I was in a position to make a contribution. Great thread and good on you guys. It is truly encouraging.

Apr 3, 2015
Very cool. I'm a new pipe smoker myself and have a couple MM corncobs. One of the things that I wonder about is getting a decent briar to smoke. The pipe market is strange and varied, and all I want is an affordable pipe to smoke that will last a long time. I guess that's what we all want!
Good on ya for helping out.

pipingnate

Lurker
Mar 26, 2015
All I've got is a MM Country Gentleman and I ran out of my first tin of tobacco...gotta wait 2 weeks until I can order more if I am lucky :( Great project you have going! If you can send something my way I'd be forever greatful!

xjbluto

Lurker
Apr 12, 2015
Love this site and love the forums. I've learned so much from all of you. Thank you!

New to pipes and new to the forum. Would love to support this initiative, but would love a hand me down briar if possible. I bought a Wessex from JR Cigars and am saving for something better.

Thanks All.

zachstorm

Lurker
Apr 3, 2015
Florida
Having been a cigar smoker for several years, the generosity shown in this community is mind-boggling. I'm sure I'm not alone in being given an odd look from time to time in a cigar shop for asking a "novice" question, but any question asked here is responded to with respect, enthusiasm and charity. Keep it up everyone. I love logging on here more every time I do so.
Zach

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey guys I haven't forgotten about you nor stopped doing the project just been busy. Went to the Chicago show and have been making some pipes. When I get my current commissions done I will be prepping some more pipes to send. Thanks to the guys who recently sent in pipes and tobacco. Keep your eyes peeled for pics of guys smoking your former pipes in the near future.

kitobi

Lurker
Feb 26, 2015
wow, great idea guys, keep up the good work.
brand new to pipes myself and learning the ropes so sadly cant contribute anything more than well done all involved :)

this hobby and its people continues to teach and amaze me more than I expected

swillie777

Lurker
May 14, 2015
United States
Hi, I'm a new pipe smoker (began December 2014), and I've recently been looking to expand my pipe smoking horizons with new tobacco and new pipes. I was recently informed about this project, and feel as if this is exactly what I've been looking for. How do I get a part of this action?

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey swillie777. Just tell us about your experiences thus far. What kind of pipes you have and tobaccos you have tried and your name will go on the list.

swillie777

Lurker
May 14, 2015
United States
My first pipe was a small billiard made from wood. My second--and the one I prefer--is a Peterson Fermoy; the bowl is a bent dublin. I've also smoked a corncob.
I've had three tobaccos. One was Peterson's Irish Oak. Another was Missouri Meerschaum's Kentucky Gentleman. And my favorite so far (and by far) is Frog Morton on the Bayou.
Let me just add on that I really appreciate what you're doing here. As a newbie, I'm almost lost when it comes down to trying out new things with this hobby. Having people like you, who know far more than I do about this, help out will no doubt give me a much better experience with this hobby. My biggest thanks to you!

navypipe23

Might Stick Around
May 23, 2015
I started pipe smoking while in the navy in a cheap briar, moved up to a Peterson Killarney which I loved. That broke a year after I was discharged and quit smoking pipe for a bit. Really looking to get back into the hobby. I absolutely loved nightcap. Great thing you're doing here!!!!

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Just read the entire thread. Sad to see so many who got "the package" and immediately disappeared. But some good folks are still around who got started or got a boost from this, so that is the sweet part. Just don't get how many asked/begged, received, and immediately left. I will figure a way out to help in keeping this going.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah it is sad, but hopefully they are still going strong with the pipe, even if they aren't on the forum. Even though post count isn't a factor for who gets what, I do look at who has been the most recently active when I get a batch ready. For though this project is for all new smokers, I started it to build more community on this forum. That is also why I ask guys to post pics of what they get so that we can more personalize this thing, the guys that sent pipes and tobacco can put a face with their pipe. Sadly many guys get the goods but never give us the digital goods. Oh well, thanks for the kind words. Hope to have another lot ready in the near future.

navypipe23

Might Stick Around
May 23, 2015
Watching Dagner pipes on YouTube got me interested again as well as watching other pipe videos. There are tons of videos on there where people gift tobacco and or pipes back and forth but wait to open the package until they're on video. It shows appreciation for what has been received and I feel it's great for the giver as well as the receiver. The receiver being excited to show off their new stuff and the giver being shown the joy of someone receiving the gift and enjoying it. I see it the same on here. If a gift is received at least post a pic of you enjoying the gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.