PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

Jun 9, 2018
England
With the new season just about to start I thought i'd get a thread going for all the F1 fans out there.

In the UK it's SKY TV who own the rights to show F1 races live and they wanted £35 a month plus an extra £6 a month to watch in HD with surround sound. That's £41 a month! I couldn't afford that but luckily they offered a deal which was similar to last year which is £21 a month and you can cancel at any time. I jumped all over it as that seems a reasonable deal to me.
Here's the link to the offer: Watch F1 Online - Live Stream to any Device - https://www.nowtv.com/watch-f1-online

Mercedes look like their car is going to be more competitive from the start and their development programme is second to none so I'm expecting them to be in the mix.
We've only seen the tests which can be a bit misleading but Red Bull look like they're carrying on from where they left off and have a super quick car.
Can Ferrari produce a quick car and put all the mistakes of last year behind them? If they can then they've got 2 drivers who can ring the neck out of it and challenge for the title.

Here's hoping for an exciting season🤞

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
With the new season just about to start I thought i'd get a thread going for all the F1 fans out there.

In the UK it's SKY TV who own the rights to show F1 races live and they wanted £35 a month plus an extra £6 a month to watch in HD with surround sound. That's £41 a month! I couldn't afford that but luckily they offered a deal which was similar to last year which is £21 a month and you can cancel at any time. I jumped all over it as that seems a reasonable deal to me.
Here's the link to the offer: Watch F1 Online - Live Stream to any Device - https://www.nowtv.com/watch-f1-online

Mercedes look like their car is going to be more competitive from the start and their development programme is second to none so I'm expecting them to be in the mix.
We've only seen the tests which can be a bit misleading but Red Bull look like they're carrying on from where they left off and have a super quick car.
Can Ferrari produce a quick car and put all the mistakes of last year behind them? If they can then they've got 2 drivers who can ring the neck out of it and challenge for the title.

Here's hoping for an exciting season🤞

Have you checked out f1tv.formula1.com?

$80 for the entire season of their top-tier, live streaming coverage.

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
I refuse to pay. I watch the highlights late at night, or the very short highlights on youtube.

Think its going to be Red Bull domination this year, but we will have an idea after the first race.

Reactions: mawnansmiff
Jun 9, 2018
England
I refuse to pay. I watch the highlights late at night, or the very short highlights on youtube.

Think its going to be Red Bull domination this year, but we will have an idea after the first race.
I'm interested to see what Ferrari can do. Last year they looked great from the first race but gradually it all fell to bits. On the other hand Red Bull had a disastrous start but got their act together and dominated.

I just hope it's a close, competitive season.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Ferrari always screw up in new and original ways.

Would like to see them do better.
As a kid watching in the 1980's they were always the nearly men. They had some great cars and world class drivers - Nigel Mansell, Alain Prost - but they could never sustain it over a season. It wasn't until the holy trinity of Jean Todt, Ross Brawn and the incredible Michael Schumacher that they become a winning machine.

I to would love to see them win the championship. Ferrari, Williams and McLaren are my 3 favourite teams. In the 1980's & 1990's McLaren and Williams were so innovative and successful. To me, McLaren and Williams are just names these days. No Ron Dennis at McLaren and no Frank at Williams means it isn't the same. I still have a soft spot for them, tho.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I haven't investigated the US coverage. I typically stream it from SportsSurge.com.....not legally. (that's how I watch Capitals hockey in hotel rooms)
I find the trouble with streams is they can be a bit hit and miss. To be honest, I'm ok with £20 a month. Over a season that isn't too bad. Less than £10 per race weekend.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I'd like to get excited by F1 but I refuse to pay exorbitant fees to watch a watered down race where the winner is usually so predictable due to all the nonsense rules governing F1 these day.

I've said it before & I say it again, stop ALL radio communication twixt driver & pit crew (bring back pit boards) and bring back refuelling, let them choose tyres as and when it suits them, then just let the boys race just like they used to do.

Just my tuppence worth,

Jay.

Reactions: JOHN72
Jun 9, 2018
England
I'd like to get excited by F1 but I refuse to pay exorbitant fees to watch a watered down race where the winner is usually so predictable due to all the nonsense rules governing F1 these day.

I've said it before & I say it again, stop ALL radio communication twixt driver & pit crew (bring back pit boards) and bring back refuelling, let them choose tyres as and when it suits them, then just let the boys race just like they used to do.

Just my tuppence worth,

Jay.
You're in the UK so you can watch extended highlights for free on Channel 4 👍

Reactions: mawnansmiff

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I checked that out before and it was just delayed race replays. In the UK SKY TV pay a lot of money to own the live race rights and they're the only game in town.

Sucks for you guys.

For anyone from the U.S. that’s interested - we get quite a bit more than just delayed race replays for a little less than $10/mo.

3FFEB89C-F714-48D4-BCD0-760B37BE52B6.jpegD49B09EC-0E7D-4A18-BE9A-2A4421BE1ECF.jpeg
5D798D1C-028A-45EC-BA4E-3F937A0AF575.jpeg7CA57746-16EF-464F-B3D3-163C2C1DFFE3.jpeg

Jun 9, 2018
England