Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
The use of floral in your request naturally leads to Lakeland suggestions. However, it appears that you do not favor such blends. You might try Cornell & Diehl Sun Bear in past iterations if you can find it or if it is produced in 2023. Also, Former private flake and any number of L.J. Peretti blends. for example Ampersand Flake has a bit of floral quality as does Boston's Best Cavendish. However, since you indicate an allergic reaction to Burley you may want to call Steve Willet at Peretti and ask for a suggestion. They blend a number burley mixtures which have a floral quality and he may be able to suggest a virginia blend that will better suit you. If you like English blends, their Crown is an English with a touch of aromatic floral light Lakeland.
Thanks!

Reactions: Briar Tuck

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I... I thought I understood, but... now I am not sure, ha ha.
I don't smoke infused cigars because most have a sweet tip I despise. I sometimes pick up a floral note in some cigars and have always enjoyed that note. When I switched to pipes I have no idea how strong and unique pipe tobacco was. Like Ive had a KFC but Latakia is way smokier! So I was thinking maybe there was a pipe tobacco that had a super strong floral note.

You might like to try a few good Balkans. The combination of Orientals can give the tobacco an incense like aroma. Very nice at times. A good Balkan has almost a kaleidoscope of revolving flavors as you smoke, similar to the way a good cigar can. But, the tastes are not the same. Hearth and Home's White Knight is a good start. Also one that isn't as taxing on the tongue is GLP's Ashbury. But, with just pure tobaccos, you get flavors not usually associated with tobaccos. Very nice. I enjoy a good Balkan from time to time.
Don't let the unusual tin smell distract you though. It does not taste like it smells in the tin.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
You might like to try a few good Balkans. The combination of Orientals can give the tobacco an incense like aroma. Very nice at times. A good Balkan has almost a kaleidoscope of revolving flavors as you smoke, similar to the way a good cigar can. But, the tastes are not the same. Hearth and Home's White Knight is a good start. Also one that isn't as taxing on the tongue is GLP's Ashbury. But, with just pure tobaccos, you get flavors not usually associated with tobaccos. Very nice. I enjoy a good Balkan from time to time.
Don't let the unusual tin smell distract you though. It does not taste like it smells in the tin.
I was debating a tin of White Knight. Thanks Ill look in to those, I do have a couple Ballan blends and I like both. a lot.

I was debating a tin of White Knight. Thanks Ill look in to those, I do have a couple Ballan blends and I like both. a lot.
But, buyer be ware. There are a lot of Balkans tobaccos labelled as Balkans, but don't have any Orientals. There is no standardization amongst companies, so some of them are merely Virginias and latakia. I think the Balkan Flake is one that doesn't have the Orientals... I mean, latakia is an Oriental, but they don't have the ones that give it those wonderful incense-like flavors. So, check out labels and tobacco reviews.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Different strokes for different folks. I loves me some rose geranium from time to time, so pass the Revor plug and a lug of Gawith and Hoggarth. And gimme some camphor and apple cider vinegar, so let's smoke some St Bruno, which is ambrosia for the Gods!! I'm happy for those who hate them because it just means more for me.

And yet, the idea of a floral cigar makes me feel like hurling breakfast. Strange, very strange.

Different strokes for different folks. I loves me some rose geranium from time to time, so pass the Revor plug and a lug of Gawith and Hoggarth. And gimme some camphor and apple cider vinegar, so let's smoke some St Bruno, which is ambrosia for the Gods!! I'm happy for those who hate them because it just means more for me.

And yet, the idea of a floral cigar makes me feel like hurling breakfast. Strange, very strange.
That's why I asked the questions... In a cigar the floral notes are very delicate but in most natural cigars. I mean, I can smoke a Lakeland, and do occasionally, no hate on them. But, I don't think that was what he was looking for. More like a bit of Turkish Virginia blend.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
But, buyer be ware. There are a lot of Balkans tobaccos labelled as Balkans, but don't have any Orientals. There is no standardization amongst companies, so some of them are merely Virginias and latakia. I think the Balkan Flake is one that doesn't have the Orientals... I mean, latakia is an Oriental, but they don't have the ones that give it those wonderful incense-like flavors. So, check out labels and tobacco reviews.
The one I liked was B.S. 759 I think it has Orientals. But thanks for the heads up I didn't know that.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
In that case, everyone's suggestions except for Cosmic's are wrong; all but Cos' are for tobacco with scents sprayed on.
Well maybe not I do want more than a cigar ever offers. Like KFC is smokey but Latakia makes KFC seem weak. I want a blast to the face of fragrance not a mild hint that if I use my imagination I can taste and smell it.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The one I liked was B.S. 759 I think it has Orientals. But thanks for the heads up I didn't know that.
Balkan Sobranie 759 was a truly magnificent smoke, and I preferred it over the Original Smoking Mixture. There's nothing exactly like it, though a few have their variations off of it, like Black House. One problem, and it's not an inconsiderable one, is that the type and quality of leaf that went into 759 no longer is available.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Well maybe not I do want more than a cigar ever offers. Like KFC is smokey but Latakia makes KFC seem weak. I want a blast to the face of fragrance not a mild hint that if I use my imagination I can taste and smell it.
If you want a floral blast, Ennerdale is the strongest I know. Also up there is Gawith Hoggarth #7 Broken Flake and Bob's Square Cut. All these have burleys in them though. Sam Gawith Cannon Plug is also strongly floral and does not have burley in it.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
That's interesting. You fill your pipe with Kentucky Fried Chicken? Original recipe or barbeque? Probably barbeque for the smokiness. How do you prepare the chicken before loading up a bowlful? Shredded or cube cut? Do you dry it before packing or is it straight from the bucket? Gravity feed? Do you tamp the chicken?

Also, Latakia Kentucky Fried Chicken is a new on on me. Next time I pass a Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet I'll have to look into that.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
That's interesting. You fill your pipe with Kentucky Fried Chicken? Original recipe or barbeque? Probably barbeque for the smokiness. How do you prepare the chicken before loading up a bowlful? Shredded or cube cut? Do you dry it before packing or is it straight from the bucket? Gravity feed? Do you tamp the chicken?

Also, Latakia Kentucky Fried Chicken is a new on on me. Next time I pass a Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet I'll have to look into that.
Definitely shredded, and pro tip; if you dont finish the bowl, pack the top with a thin layer of mashed potatoes for no mess travel.