PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I love floral cigars. Can you guy's suggest a really good floral tobacco for me to try. I gotta buy from P&C and I don't see any Lakeland blends, also I can't smoke Burley. I love flowery, Lysol, fresh linen, smells and taste. I know, not for everyone! lol.

The last time I asked you guys to fit my needs, my order was perfect. Ordered a few blends and loved all of them. Work your magic lol.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
S

Aunt Maisie’s underwear rotf

No, no. Just kidding
It’s the “dreaded” Lakeland geranium scent

You either love it, or you don’t.
Will definitely leave a ghost
I'm so glad to have learned about this here before accidentally purchasing any Lakeland. I absolutely despise floral, perfume like scents and I can't imagine smoking anything of the sort.

I remember several years ago my wife bought some "lavender" scented dishwashing detergent, and when we ran a load of dishes with it the whole thing smelled like Uncle Vinny's cologne. It was so overpoweringly awful that I threw away the rest of it and we had to wash the dishes again with a different detergent to remove the reek.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
The use of floral in your request naturally leads to Lakeland suggestions. However, it appears that you do not favor such blends. You might try Cornell & Diehl Sun Bear in past iterations if you can find it or if it is produced in 2023. Also, Former private flake and any number of L.J. Peretti blends. for example Ampersand Flake has a bit of floral quality as does Boston's Best Cavendish. However, since you indicate an allergic reaction to Burley you may want to call Steve Willet at Peretti and ask for a suggestion. They blend a number burley mixtures which have a floral quality and he may be able to suggest a virginia blend that will better suit you. If you like English blends, their Crown is an English with a touch of aromatic floral light Lakeland.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Interesting. Got a pouch of this recently to try and I found the topping pretty light - I mostly tasted the Virginia and Kentucky. The tobacco is a little most, so I don't think the topping evaporated off. Different batches, or different folks, I guess.
I don’t like floral almost entirely across the board. Savinelli 140th had a hint of it when fresh, and it’s disappeared with time thankfully, but blends like St. Bruno and Stonehenge flake were just floral for me. The St. Bruno was a 2018 tin, I didn’t even finish the bowl and discarded the tin.