SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Interesting how threads requesting a specific note in the profile go directly to heavily aromatic stuff. It is going to be hard to find an aromatic with no burley.
But, first off... what cigars are you talking about have this floral? Because I don't know of any besides those Acid cigars that have a topping that one would admit to actually smoking. Is there one that has a natural floral not in the leaf used?

If you are talking about a natural floral taste in the tobaccos, you may want to try some oriental/Virginia blends, or maybe even Folklore. I can pick up some floral notes in that one.

But, if you do mean an artificial added flavor, GH&c are definitely the king of sopping up the perfumes. For a Virginia in that range, you might want to try Curley Cut Deluxe, but it is usually out at the usual vendors. However, it is one that does better with some age in the cellar before you start to smoke it. Fresh it can be a bit harsh on the throat. Aged it takes on a flavor that reminds me of what Escudo would be like without the perique... or what Escudo used to be like.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
But, first off... what cigars are you talking about have this floral? Because I don't know of any besides those Acid cigars that have a topping that one would admit to actually smoking. Is there one that has a natural floral not in the leaf used?

I know you weren't asking me, but for floral, Arturo Fuente 858 Rosado (red foot band) and aged Cuban Romeo y Julieta are reliable for floral notes. I also get them on occasion from the Illusione "Standard Documents" line (the original line with white band, black lettering, and the conspiracy-related vitola names).

It pops up here and there elsewhere, but usually in aged Cubans in my experience.

I know you weren't asking me, but for floral, Arturo Fuente 858 Rosado (red foot band) and aged Cuban Romeo y Julieta are reliable for floral notes. I also get them on occasion from the Illusione "Standard Documents" line (the original line with white band, black lettering, and the conspiracy-related vitola names).

It pops up here and there elsewhere, but usually in aged Cubans in my experience.
So... would you interpret the question to mean that he is wanting a cased or topped floral from added artificial flavorings, or tobaccos that may have natural floral notes?

For natural floral notes and NOT topped or cased tobaccos...

GLPs Embarcadero, has a slight floral.
Savinelli Doblone d'Oro
4Noggins Prairie Wind also has notes of citrus and floral

You might look for Virginia dominant blends with Orientals or Turkish. There are several different Turkish varieties that get lumped into this category, so it is sometimes hit or miss.

These are all not "in your face" florals. It is just a natural aroma in the leaf blend. Not topped to have that flavor.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Savinelli 140th anniversary has a great floral touch............. It doesn't come around often, but it's in stock now at SP............. It's more of a "Natural Wildflowers" type of note.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
So... would you interpret the question to mean that he is wanting a cased or topped floral from added artificial flavorings, or tobaccos that may have natural floral notes?

In re-reading, I'm not sure and don't know if he cares. If someone will smoke aromatics, they'll smoke anything in theory, right? nnnn I'm more curious to know which cigars he's been smoking that are floral, in case I've missed some. @Coreios , care to share?

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Interesting how threads requesting a specific note in the profile go directly to heavily aromatic stuff. It is going to be hard to find an aromatic with no burley.

If you are talking about a natural floral taste in the tobaccos, you may want to try some oriental/Virginia blends, or maybe even Folklore. I can pick up some floral notes in that one.

But, if you do mean an artificial added flavor, GH&c are definitely the king of sopping up the perfumes. For a Virginia in that range, you might want to try Curley Cut Deluxe, but it is usually out at the usual vendors. However, it is one that does better with some age in the cellar before you start to smoke it. Fresh it can be a bit harsh on the throat. Aged it takes on a flavor that reminds me of what Escudo would be like without the perique... or what Escudo used to be like.
I don't smoke flavored or infused cigars. I meant that more natural floral hint you get with some natural cigars. But I do sometimes smoke aro pipe tobacco and I would love that floral note Ive always enjoyed in cigars beefed up on steroids with an aro pipe tobacco.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
In re-reading, I'm not sure and don't know if he cares. If someone will smoke aromatics, they'll smoke anything in theory, right? nnnn I'm more curious to know which cigars he's been smoking that are floral, in case I've missed some. @Coreios , care to share?
I dont smoke infused cigars. I meant the more natural floral hint you get with some natural cigars.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Savinelli 140th anniversary has a great floral touch............. It doesn't come around often, but it's in stock now at SP............. It's more of a "Natural Wildflowers" type of note.

Sounds up my ally. Thanks!