PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Good qualifying session and the grid is set up nicely for a great race tomorrow.
It _is_ a good setup for an interesting race. Leclerc in his usual pole (but can Ferrari match Red Bull speed on the straights?), Perez in P2 (will Verstappen in P3 aggress his teammate for P2? Will there be team orders?). This has been a great season so far.

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
Bit of a dull race. Not keen on the track.
Red Bull seem to be running away with it now unless Ferrari can get their act together. Ferrari are clearly very fast, briefly.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
The blue eyed boy can get away with murder.
What do blue eyes have to do with it? Don't turn this into a racial thing. Hamilton is one of the greatest if not the greatest F1 driver ever and he worked hard to get to where he is at. I don't like Hamilton because he is not only a pompous ass (which most F1 drvers are) but he turned last year into a woke, political S*%@ show. I'm thankful the FIA woke up and put an end to that. Also, Hamilton has refused to take off his jewelry in the car which is a blatant and flagrant violation of the FIA safety rules. Not a big violation and I personally couldn't care less as he is putting no one in danger, but a violation non the less which when confronted by the FIA he refused to remove them. He should have been benched or penalized every race until he abided by the rules, especially a safety rule.

Jimmy_Jack

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2021
What do blue eyes have to do with it? Don't turn this into a racial thing. Hamilton is one of the greatest if not the greatest F1 driver ever and he worked hard to get to where he is at. I don't like Hamilton because he is not only a pompous ass (which most F1 drvers are) but he turned last year into a woke, political S*%@ show. I'm thankful the FIA woke up and put an end to that. Also, Hamilton has refused to take off his jewelry in the car which is a blatant and flagrant violation of the FIA safety rules. Not a big violation and I personally couldn't care less as he is putting no one in danger, but a violation non the less which when confronted by the FIA he refused to remove them. He should have been benched or penalized every race until he abided by the rules, especially a safety rule.
I think you’re reading his post wrong. Nothing racial there.

Hamilton has been successful because of his cars. I’m trying to find the quote but I think it was Vettel. Basically said Hamilton is a good driver that has had great cars. Now he’s a good driver with a mediocre car, as much of the field is.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I think you’re reading his post wrong. Nothing racial there.

Hamilton has been successful because of his cars. I’m trying to find the quote but I think it was Vettel. Basically said Hamilton is a good driver that has had great cars. Now he’s a good driver with a mediocre car, as much of the field is.
My bad, apologies if I misunderstood. Hamilton reminds me of Jackie Stewart, very smooth and always brings the car home. I love watching him drive.

Reactions: Jimmy_Jack

trudger

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
Well they have renewed the Australian GP till 2035. Talks are under way for a South African GP back at Kyalami in ‘24 possibly ‘23. With the addition of Vegas, Qatar, and Shanghai for next year something has to go. Max of 24 races might mean a rotating schedule. So much money everyone wants a taste.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Russell is doing well.
Just quietly getting on with it and bringing it home.
Beating Hamilton in the same car is no small thing.
Indeed. Though I am wondering, with Hamilton's "getting on in years" if his reflexes are just the tiniest slower. Something on the order of 1/100 of 1%. Would that not make a difference in his showing!

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 9, 2018
England
Indeed. Though I am wondering, with Hamilton's "getting on in years" if his reflexes are just the tiniest slower. Something on the order of 1/100 of 1%. Would that not make a difference in his showing!
Age didn't seem to effect him last year when he was racing Max, who is 13 years his junior. Age catches up with everyone, though. Schumacher wasn't the same when he made his comeback.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
More talk of European races being dropped to make way for the new circuits. This time they're saying Spa could be on the chopping block and could be a biennial event. Arguably, the greatest track on the calendar that all the drivers love getting relegated to every other year would be a mistake. Hope that doesn't happen.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
More talk of European races being dropped to make way for the new circuits. This time they're saying Spa could be on the chopping block and could be a biennial event. Arguably, the greatest track on the calendar that all the drivers love getting relegated to every other year would be a mistake. Hope that doesn't happen.

Their new circuits frenzy is getting pretty annoying. For one thing, many of them just suck, and they're losing the historical roots the sport in the process. Losing Spa (my personal favorite) to yet another desert town's streets or fill-in-name-of-rich-country's newly designed track will be getting near final straw to me as a fan.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Their new circuits frenzy is getting pretty annoying. For one thing, many of them just suck, and they're losing the historical roots the sport in the process. Losing Spa (my personal favorite) to yet another desert town's streets or fill-in-name-of-rich-country's newly designed track will be getting near final straw to me as a fan.
Agree with everything you say?. Reading the article it seems to have a lot to do with money. Saudi Arabia and Qatar are happy to pay £50M per race which i'm guessing the historical tracks are having trouble matching.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Agree with everything you say?. Reading the article it seems to have a lot to do with money. Saudi Arabia and Qatar are happy to pay £50M per race which i'm guessing the historical tracks are having trouble matching.
Yeah I get that. Still, with all these additional races now I hate to see the historical classics dropping out. I assume they're making a lot more from the greatly extended calendar. In the end, I'd just like to say "Don't touch my Spa!"