Everyday Carry Knife - What Do You Carry?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I rotate between a few. If I'm working or out shooting or hunting, I have my Leatherman Freestyle. I almost always carry a Coldsteel Counterpoint II otherwise, though I do have a Voyager I like that is waiting for a replacement clip. Then there's a little Buck single blade that's more comfortable to carry if I'm wearing slacks.

wallace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2012
Used to be a 1st gen Spyderco Delica till it got retired for a Gerber assisted opener. I really miss that Spyderco.

Jan 8, 2013
Somebody else posted this photo, and I also have the one in the middle. It's a great little knife, and I don't leave home without it. I use it everyday on the job and it's still razor sharp. http://gearjunkie.com/images/5137.jpg

spud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2013
I carry the GEN-U-Wine Sears & Roebucks, Craftsman. 3 bladed, folder. Lots at a higher price, none better.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
When I carry them, I usually have either or both: Buck 110 with ebony scales and the trusty Old Timer 80T

When I don't have those, I have my Ruger GP-100 on my side

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
A Kershaw Blur is my EDC when I'm out and about. I carry a Becker if some sort when I'm in the backcountry.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Since I'm a shop teacher, my weekday carry is a Leatherman Wave. My weekend/vacation carry is a Kershaw Hinderer Speedsafe folder.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
I always have my Buck Alaskan Guide Series Folding Hunter 110 on my belt. Classic pocketknife that will last a lifetime.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
An old folding Spyderco in my boot. A habit from my days as a first responder, copper. An just in case I.m first on the scene of a vehicle accident. It'll brake glass and cuts through a safety belt with ease.
On the belt is a Victorinox "SwissChamp."

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
It appears I'm one of the minorities on here. I usually carry my fixed blade SOG Seal Pup Elite with "Dum Spiro Spero" on the blade. I got used to it in Afghanistan and I started feeling naked without all the gear on when I got back so it became my sharp, metal, safety blanket.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
It appears I'm one of the minorities on here. I usually carry my fixed blade SOG Seal Pup Elite with "Dum Spiro Spero" on the blade. I got used to it in Afghanistan and I started feeling naked without all the gear on when I got back so it became my sharp, metal, safety blanket.
I completely understand what you're saying about feeling naked without certain items always at hand.
My safety blanket is my Smith & Wesson Model 586. My folding knife is a tool (great for cube cutting flakes too!). I do keep my dive knife on hand when I'm out doing field work, but that's more for tasks that require a bigger tool than my folder.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I normally carry a Gerber multi-tool (purchased after my Leatherman disappeared), but I still have a Kershaw (similar to the Corral Creek models, but with both a clip point and a sheepsfoot blade) that goes on my belt from time to time.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
I picked up a couple of Schrade X timers on clearance at Dollar General for under $5 a few years ago. Have had one on me 90% of the time since. The extra one stays in my disc golf bag, better knife than any of the $20+ folders I have ever had.
Also have a cheap hunting knife for fishing and around the yard. $20 bucks for a full tang solid knife.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
image86-600x506.jpg

Here's my everyday carry gear. As for the knife, it's a CRKT M-16 Carson design. I've carried this knife almost exclusively for the last 14 years or so, it's been through a lot with me. Depending on the season, I'll carry my full size 1911 in colder weather, or my .357mag in warmer weather. I always have my trusty O-Light CR123 185 Lu flashlight, and of course, my pipe and accessories! Sometimes, if I'm just running down the road for something, ill just throw my little Baby B. .25 auto in my pocket. Occasionally, I'll carry my wife's Springfield XD. Shhh , don't tell her! If I'm hiking, It's a .44mag all the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.