Everyday Carry Knife - What Do You Carry?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
What ever happened to the good old fashioned Buck 110?
Buck-110-Folding-Hunter-hand-preview.jpg

robusthermit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 9, 2012
My edc is a spyderco dragonfly. I work in an office and I chose it because it is small and nonthreatening. But it's large enough to get most everyday tasks done. If I am hiking or fishing I carry a fixed blade. Usually an ESEE Izula or a becker.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
I always have my Buck Alaskan Guide Series Folding Hunter 110 on my belt. Classic pocketknife that will last a lifetime.
Fish&pipes, I carry a Buck 110.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Peterpiperuk, will you just do us all a favor and STFU and go away? I'm tired of your PC mamby pamby ass in every damn thread. We carry knives for a variety of reasons but mostly because we want to, we can, and we don't have to justify it or explain it for you or anyone else. Some of us live in the country - real country - and use knives and guns every day of our lives. You are perfect for the modern UK, and why my wife left. And why my relatives are leaving.

Others have hinted, but it just had to be outright said. If you can't resist chiming in with your bullshit then stick to pipe topics. Nobody cares about your new-school Euro bullshit.
Petes03, love the 1911. Always been my favorite.
Fishingandpipes, nothing wrong with a 110! I've got one and it's handy. I just don't like skinning with folders. Harder to properly clean. Or perhaps I'm a just messy skinner and lazy cleaner.

Aug 1, 2012
What ever happened to the good old fashioned Buck 110?
The main reason I don't go with that fantastic knife is no pocket clip. Dumb reason, I know. I just find it handier to have a nice, well-designed knife clipped to my pants pocket for easy access.

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
Thanks for the responses! Good to know, I was just talking knives on another forum and noticed its absence there as well and got curious. Makes sense, a clip is handy, but I like my 110 way too much.
I like mine. As my name implies I fish, but I don't hunt, so I can't speak to skinning.
I kind of want to get a Mora Companion, not for regular carrying but for camping. It's super cheap so I don't think I'd have to worry too much about batoning it but I'm not sure if it's the best option or not. I have a Buck 119 too and while I'm sure it'd be fine for batoning I like the idea of doing it with a $14 knife better than a $50 knife ;)

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
Oh I also just recently ordered a Svord peasant knife, which I think may be a good regular carrier for cutting fruit and such.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Peterpiperuk you are full of it. And you're transparent. You're not even a proper Brit, as you've divulged previously.
I have lived in the UK and in Germany. (And in Hong Kong). I'm the British stereotype of an American. LoL. You don't know anything about me.
You are a poser. Where and for how long have you lived in North America? That's what I thought.
Go away, grow up, get some life experience, then come back and discuss hobbies with men - without wise-assedness.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Just thought I'd attempt to provide an alternative opinion of Knives from a European. Who coincidentally was born in Surrey, England and studies at an Undergraduate level in the West Midlands which is also in England.
Knives are not allowed to be carried unless their is a "Lawful Excuse". Which I believe dates back to the preventation of crime act 1957 but truely is linked to knives in the Knives Act of 1997. I think the political zeitgeist behind this was more related to Urban Youth Gangs in some areas of Britains great cities. I think this is bad, if one wants to carry a knife so be it. As long as he uses it to open boxes or mail or pick his nails, and not as a violent weapon. I notice lots of people are carrying swiss army knives, I know lots of people who keep them on their person, since they have lots of useful tools like bottle openers and can openers.ec. I personally think Knives are pretty cool, though I could never carry one. I'm far too dangerous with a box of matches, one could only imagine what would happen If I were to carry a Crocodile Dundee Knife. Though I'd love to own that Dk'thag in Cajunguy's post.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
pipeherman, yes, it is a shame about the knife laws in the UK. They don't seem to have prevented much knife crime. Interestingly, when I have friends and family visiting from the UK, the first thing they want to do is shoot guns. The second thing they want to do is go knife shopping. All classes of Leatherman, as well as old school Case lockers seem particularly popular.
Relative to self-defense, however, it should be noted that a knife in untrained hands is a poor choice of weapon. Like the old expression, "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.". I'm not trained in knife fighting myself. For me it's just a tool. As I said earlier before the thread was side-tracked, rarely does a say go by on the farm when I don't reach for my Leatherman at least a few times.

timely

Jan 23, 2012
Spyderco, is one of the knives I have on me went going out.

Have others, it would depend on where I was going.

Status
Not open for further replies.