Everyday Carry Knife - What Do You Carry?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I don't carry a knife for protection, I have a different plan for that
+ 10000 for that Topd.

steelman

Might Stick Around
Jun 17, 2012
broadwell.jpg

This beauty by David Broadwell......

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Ernest Emerson Custom CQC6 that was a gift when I left the Army. My wife makes fun of me for taking it everywhere. Though she draws the line at the bedroom. I can live with that. lol

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
My self defense, instant opening, flipper styled knife, the M16-01Z ($25)
CRM16-01Z.gif
My keychain knife, the spyderco bug, ain't she a cutie? ($8)
4389494590_64b66f8166.jpg

I used to carry 4" knives until I found out in Delaware (my next door state I spend a lot of time in) has a 3" maximum. I always carry a knife legal in all the states I go to because it is easier, also the 3" knife is plenty big and fits so nicely in my jeans, I would never consider carrying the 4" one again even if it was legal to do so. Maryland allows 6" knives, which are just too large to conceal without giving up my cellphone.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I love the Kershaws. I have a little g10 hawk that never leaves me and if I somehow forget it I feel naked. If any of you live by a Big 5 all the Kershaw Speed Safe models will be on sale for $25.99 starting this Sunday. Baron when you commented on using a knife for self defense you wre totally right. My best friend has a felony on his record because some drunk asshole tackled him as he was saying goodnight to a few of our friends outside our apartment years ago. The guy was a lot bigger than my friend and ended up getting stabbed quite a few times and struck in the head with brass knuckles by another friend of ours. Despite the fact that he attacked my friend in our apartment as he walked home from the bar, my buddy got aggravated assault. I other words unless they have a knife too your better of with a swift knee to the groin and joint lock or fists than using a knife. A gun prob would have worked wonders in that situation too. Not too many drunks looking for a fight will keep coming with a gun pointed in their direction.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
The thing about knives, aside from having to be all up in somebody to use it is it's really hard (as you mentioned in your example) to prove you turned somebody into cutlets in self-defense. The law usually sees a knifer as either a mutual combatant who "pulled a knife" or the aggressor and legally it's hard to prove otherwise.
The term Self-Defense is misused a lot. People forget that it's a legal term with very specific definitions and the cops are well-trained when it comes to chopping your claim into itty bitty pieces and prosecuting you simply because you took one wrong turn in a course of action and legally, the term no longer applied.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
So true Baron. Hence why my EDC is small and not meant for defense but in the very last ditch effort. I'm pretty confident in my hands and carefully chosen words when it comes down to it. I live in CA now but when I move back to AZ I will own a handgun and carry everyday.

hunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Canada
In my pockets I have my cell phone, pipe tool, matches, keys, and wallet. I keep a cheapo multi-tool in my car with the rest of the tools. Everyone has a reason for carrying I've never felt the need unless I was out hunting bambis and bullwinkles. I have two hunting knives, a skinning knife my grandfather gave me when I was 12 and a gutting knife I found in an old rotting cabin way out in the woods when I was riding my horse, took all the rust off, put a new handle on it, and build a sheath.

mikros

Lurker
Sep 13, 2012
I have a little 3 blade Buck "303 Cadet" knife, (not sure where it is right now... doh!) but its a great handy little knife. Also have an old sweet Benchmade folder but it needs sent in for refurbishment, missing a few screws, still usable tho.
I have a concealed handgun permit and when I do carry, which is rare, I usually just throw my shrouded-hammer S&W .357 "340pd" in my pants pocket. It is very light, kicks like a mule, but I hardly know it is there. If I have a bigger jacket pocket I carry a stainless bobbed-hammer Ruger .357 "sp101". Its a substancially heavier, much nicer to shoot. I pretty much only carry when Im out with my family or working late. (if I remember)

Status
Not open for further replies.