PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
He was allowed to see the package and to take a photograph of it, but that was all.
If I had a package that was filled with say, $400 worth of tobacco and they told me I could take pictures of it but I couldn’t take it home with me, they would have a hard time holding me off. I’d grab that package and run!

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio
With all the current Estervals discussions, I feel I should add to it with my current experience. Previously, my only experience with the company was last year around this time. I ordered a few tins and some Cuban cigars. From order submission time to Ohio turnaround was like 8-10 days. I did have a issue with the post office not wanting to drop it off without a signature, and I kept missing the mail lady so had to go in and sign for the package.

My experience for this order is as follows.

Order submitted Sep 10.

Sep 18- Order processed and international shipping is being prepared(per DHL)

Sep 25- Shipment will be transported to destination country and from there handed over to delivery organization (per DHL)

October 12- The shipment is being prepared for delivery in the delivery depot (per DHL. At this time I found a USPS tracking number attached)

September 13- Package arrived and postman dropped it off at my door no signature required.

I ordered 44 various tins and pouches. Most new to me blends, and a few repeat favorites. The shipping box was sturdy and had enough packaging peanuts in it to protect it on its journey. Now, I don’t remember this from my first order, but all of the tins had saranwrap around them and grouped in 2-4 tins a wrapping. The larger tins were by themselves with saranwrap around them. The shipping label was in place clearly and the box arrived in pretty great condition.

I was a little worried about this order after I found another thread with a forum member having issues and the lack of service after that issue.

This is just my experience with them and felt the need to share.

Overall, I am pleased with the packaging and it arriving safely. My only negative to the order is why it took 8 days from when I placed the order for them to pack it up and drop it off with DHL. I will still look to order from them in the future as long as we don’t have any other bad experiences reported on the forum to make me think twice about it!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I don't think it takes 8 days for Estervals to package it. I think DHL queues stuff up.
Things may be a little different now. My ill fated order was filled after almost 2 weeks according to the update I received from Esterval's at the time, and they have an alert on their site that processing may take longer due to Covid. DHL definitely added to the wait time by another two or so weeks.
Their packaging is OK, slightly better than SPC or P&C. Tobaccopipes does better packaging than any of them.

Reactions: pantsBoots

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Things may be a little different now. My ill fated order was filled after almost 2 weeks according to the update I received from Esterval's at the time, and they have an alert on their site that processing may take longer due to Covid. DHL definitely added to the wait time by another two or so weeks.
Their packaging is OK, slightly better than SPC or P&C. Tobaccopipes does better packaging than any of them.
SPC has one packer that does a super awesome job. I think it was Clarissa or something like that. She seems to pack my more expensive orders and I swear if the guys in the shipping centers decided to play baseball with my packages they'd still have contents in pristine condition. I hope I got her name right. I've written them before saying they should have her show everyone how to package an order and give her a nice raise or something.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

I have observed numerous orders from Estervals. They seem to process the order promptly and then it sits. And sits. Since I'm not there, I've speculated the orders sit waiting for DHL to queue a number up, show up to pick up the orders or even wait until they've put some sufficient quantity in some type of container. Not sure. And if you haven't actually been there to witness what they do, neither are you.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I have observed numerous orders from Estervals. They seem to process the order promptly and then it sits. And sits. Since I'm not there, I've speculated the orders sit waiting for DHL to queue a number up, show up to pick up the orders or even wait until they've put some sufficient quantity in some type of container. Not sure. And if you haven't actually been there to witness what they do, neither are you.
I'm going by the notice I received from Esterval's regarded processing my order, not when they sent me a shipping notice, and by the notice on their site. You're correct, I'm not there, but neither are you.

Reactions: peregrinus

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
My ill fated order was filled after almost 2 weeks according to the update I received from Esterval's at the time
I had a similar experience on one Estervals’ order and I assumed it was due to an item being out of stock and Estervals waiting to receive an immanent inventory delivery so as to process a complete order. This is not an uncommon tactic in the business world and I’ve done this many times myself. Most Twenty-first century business is best run with the leanest inventories allowed; let your distributors and suppliers own your inventory whenever possible.
Full disclosure compels me to say I am not there and I am merely speculating. ?

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I'm waiting on a Tabak aus Kiel order that left Germany on December 4th. It's literally in God's hands now. With the holiday backlog clusterf°©{ and the odd Estervals returns I am in the back seat with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.