PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_Lawrence

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2019
I'm not a hoarder with anything but tobacco containers, for some reason. I can't even throw away snus pots (small round plastic 'tins') until I've already got one of that type stored away, and even then I hate the feeling of throwing one away.

I suspect I'll go with the same approach for tobacco tins - keep one of each and recycle the other. At least being metals tins, they can actually be recycled unlike the plastic used for the snus pots. I know I'll never do much of anything with the ones I keep though, I just don't like parting with them.

Reactions: anotherbob

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
I repurposed a couple 100g MacBaren tins (7 Seas & Vanilla Cream to be exact) into outdoor/basement/garage ashtrays. I glued a cut down (to fit with lid on) Champaign cork inside.
Smoke, dump ash, close the lid. Empty every so often...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow, those clocks made out of tins are pretty nifty. For another project, I think a coat of spray paint and a nice array of plastic jewels to adorn the tin would make either a tacky or tasteful gift item for kids or kids at heart.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Wow, those clocks made out of tins are pretty nifty. For another project, I think a coat of spray paint and a nice array of plastic jewels to adorn the tin would make either a tacky or tasteful gift item for kids or kids at heart.
MSO I think this would be a great project for you. The forum can send you all our empty tins, and you create works of art!

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
if you get the smaller cork knockers with adhesive on the bottom.. they fit in a normal tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.