Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
27d08228081180cbe23039688ad5b9cb.jpg

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
I have a magnet bar on the wall in my smoking room/porch. The tins that have nice tin art get stuck to the magnet bar.
That's a great idea! I was literally going to post this question today. I was thinking of nailing them to the wall from the inside of the tin but this method had less holes in it.... Baaazing!

Reactions: scloyd

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I give them to some weed smoking friends.
They seem to appreciate them, not as much as Cheetos, but oh well....
Solani hinged tins are their favorites.

There's the solution to the upcoming flavored tobacco legislation crisis. Dunhill and all the manufacturers buy cannabis shops and reblend. "Virginias, black cavendish, a touch of lakatia and a dash of mary jane- with rum and brown sugar casing"

Reactions: jpmcwjr

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I usually toss them. I do keep a Pease/C&D style tin or two for storing small amount of tobacco on the go or in the car. When I used to handroll cigarettes, the old square tins were perfect as cigarette cases.

Those clocks are incredible.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Swmbo makes jewelry as a hobby. She unlabels some of the tins, dresses them up and giftwraps her jewelry in them.

I also keep a few of the older, not-so-alarming square tins for carrying, They do fit well inside a pocket.

The rest get tossed into the recycle bin.

raybrown55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2017
I'm actually using a large tin of Rattray's Exotic Orange to collect the lighters that my son (cigarette smoker) leaves everywhere in our house...

Reactions: 3rdguy

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I throw them away. I already feel as though I have too much stuff overall, and I don't really like to be tied to it. I've gone through several relatively large-scale purges of physical possessions (getting rid of the things I don't really use) and always feel that a task has been accomplished or that a burden has been lifted afterwards. That reminds me, I've got a few good things lying around that I need to sell on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.