PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Devil Anse

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2020
California
I was a huge fan of eggs growing up. We had our own chickens so fresh eggs were always on the menu. Unfortunately, I got violently sick after eating eggs in my late teens, never could after that. It really pissed my Dad off he just couldn’t comprehend. LOL

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Yum! We call it eggs in a nest.
My friends family called it “Dead-Eye Dicks.” As in, we’re having Dead Eye Dicks for breakfast. It was distressing as a youngster until I had one.

I like eggs over medium. A touch of runny yolk, but not too much that it makes a mess. I’ll take scrambled, too. I will not tolerate any brownness, however. Eggs are white and yellow.

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
I love eggs! I had a job half of my life ago cooking short order overnight at a Denny's type place we have in PA called Eat N Park ...I hated all the side work but loved cooking eggs for all the drunk patrons (who I luckily didn't have to see).

I think my absolute favorite has to be a classic overeasy egg -cooked in butter at a fairly high temp with a bit of pepper, the salt in the butter adds just the right amount to the egg in my opinion. Gimme an English muffin or a good slice of toast with a couple of those and life is good.
Can't beat diner food, especially after the bars are closed or after finishing a 4pm to midnight shift. Spent many a early morning over eggs, sausage, home fries and toast with some pals in a booth in Scotty's Diner in Wilkinsburg. Man, those conversations would put any podcasts I've heard to shame! I don't believe there are many all night diners around these days.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I'll take my eggs pretty much any way, as long as they are done right. I guess if I HAD to name a favorite, it would be very gently soft scrambled to an almost custardy consistency. One of the best Italian restaurants in Minneapolis, a place called Bar La Grassa, does a Bruschetta with soft-scrambled eggs, lobster, and truffle oil, and it's absolutely fantastic.

But I also like them soft boiled, poached, fried (over easy, of course), in an omelette, etc. etc.

Custard is great too. Flan, Creme Brulee, Pots-de-creme. These are some of the most luxurious desserts around and eggs are an essential component.

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Dirty... with onion and shredded potato precooked a while in a little olive oil and butter with garlic, salt & pepper. Gently mix in the eggs when potato is tender and continue to cook as scrambled eggs (add cheese if desired) until done. Otherwise over easy or medium, not too picky just not crispy or clear... but butter must be involved.