PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

madhatt

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2021
Nice to see shakshouka mentioned, I've made that a couple times and it's fantastic. I'll eat eggs almost any style. Most often it's over-medium on rye toast with some hot sauce or diced chili. I also like to make Huevos Rancheros with Mexican leftovers.

Last edited:

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
Ain't never meet an egg I didn't like long as it was cooked.
No my old man (Grandfather) on the other hand. His favorite eggs are Pigeon eggs. Raw?
Always figured he was joking bout it the few times he mentioned it growing up. Want tell I was 30 showing him my Dovecote talking numbers per sqft with him and he reached in pulled one out from under momma. Inspected it then pushed the top in with his thumb and downed it like a shot. I just looked on in speechless horror.

• Haha
Reactions: Winterreise
I like eggs over easy but if I am up for a real treat I make some pancake batter, grab an egg and some real butter.
  • I melt the butter in a 10 inch frying pan (About a tablespoon) and get the pan hot enough for an egg
  • Drop the egg in the middle of the pan and season as normal.
  • Pour pancake batter all the way around the outside of the egg so that the batter touches the edges of the egg. Put a lid on it so that the egg cooks about halfway.
  • The butter crisps up the edges of the pancake and the top of the pancake gets a slightly dry looking film on it.
  • Now is the time to test your flipping skills and flip it.
Cook for a minute or 2 more and serve with a smattering of syrup.

Dayum! Is it good! puffy

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
(1) soft-boiled, with chopped garnishes and extra virgin olive oil
(2) scrambled moist (never overcooked)
(3) fried "sunny side up" in olive oil hot enough to crisp the edges of the egg
(4) poached
(5) raw (quail) egg on breakfast natto with green onion
Ditto to all of these, except I've never tried Natto. Double ditto on not overcooking the scramble.
I do like a raw quail egg on a good beef tartare.

I'd also add hard boiled and pickled eggs.

Reactions: Servant King

lonepiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2017
Central Virginia
Where I’m from in Pennsylvania we call over-easy, “dippy eggs” and we drown them in ketchup. I ordered that way when I moved to Virginia. I had no clue they were over-easy. I called them that for thirty years.

Scrambled I eat on white bread with mustard.

Jimmy_Jack

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2021
Over easy
Wet scrambled
Folded

Thats the way I like them. They need a lot of butter and low heat. I consider eggs the perfect food. I can eat them any time of day.

Favorite breakfast? Big styrofoam cub full of thick grits. Throw a good blob of salted butter on top and a dash of pepper. Cover that with two runny fried eggs. Cover that again with a dash of pepper and then some Tabasco . Stick some bacon along the perimeter. Breakfast in a cup. Voilà

Reactions: Servant King

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Pickled. I just had three cut up over a salad, which was delicious.