PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
I love eggs! I had a job half of my life ago cooking short order overnight at a Denny's type place we have in PA called Eat N Park ...I hated all the side work but loved cooking eggs for all the drunk patrons (who I luckily didn't have to see).

I think my absolute favorite has to be a classic overeasy egg -cooked in butter at a fairly high temp with a bit of pepper, the salt in the butter adds just the right amount to the egg in my opinion. Gimme an English muffin or a good slice of toast with a couple of those and life is good.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As I kid I just wouldn't eat eggs, though my folks had them every morning. Peanut butter on toast with bacon was my protein fix. After I got out of the military, where I still ate no eggs, i got aboard with scrambled, with some combination of potatoes, grits, and breakfast meat. I like the occasional deviled egg if it is doctored up with relish, onions and/or hot sauce. Anything runny displeases. It's an odd prejudice, but there it is.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
organic or fresh. This will sound really silly but I one time got a rotten egg and it traumatized me (I've gone through some shit and been fine and a nasty egg is what gets under my skin go figure). Ever since then I couldn't stomach an egg unless it was really peak. And primarily in sandwich form. I make a mean egg sandwich. Has to be cooked in butter or bacon grease (from the rare pack of bacon I buy every three years). How good do I make these things? Good enough that people who claim they can't stand eggs sometimes beg for one.

Egg-xactly!
Good sport!!

My favorite way is to make a marinara from scratch, and I add lots of peppers, then I poach the egg right in the middle of the marinara and don't touch the eggs till their done. Then serve over pasta. My foster daughter taught me this while she was in culinary school, and it is mind blowing. The key is a balance between spice and savory, and the egg just brings it all together.

As far as what I say to a waitress at a restaurant, "I HATE choices, bring me something else." I cannot tolerate being asked questions by a waitress.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
It's what I desire at the moment. Most favorite, I suppose, is as dip for the day old French bread. Then the French toast is slathered in butter and real maple syrup. Yup that's my favorite way to eat eggs. But, there's also fried nestled on a piece of steak between two pieces of sourdough bread. Eggs aren't the gift that pork is but, they're in the top five.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Good sport!!

My favorite way is to make a marinara from scratch, and I add lots of peppers, then I poach the egg right in the middle of the marinara and don't touch the eggs till their done. Then serve over pasta. My foster daughter taught me this while she was in culinary school, and it is mind blowing. The key is a balance between spice and savory, and the egg just brings it all together.

As far as what I say to a waitress at a restaurant, "I HATE choices, bring me something else." I cannot tolerate being asked questions by a waitress.
That’s almost like shakshuka except for the pasta. For those not familiar, shakshuka is a divine dish of Middle Eastern (various cultures and countries) origin where eggs are poached in a spicy tomato pepper sauce. Sometimes there’s meat involved and almost always some sort of bread. It’s mind-blowingly good.

That’s almost like shakshuka except for the pasta. For those not familiar, shakshuka is a divine dish of Middle Eastern (various cultures and countries) origin where eggs are poached in a spicy tomato pepper sauce. Sometimes there’s meat involved and almost always some sort of bread. It’s mind-blowingly good.
That may be what she called it. I don't do well remembering names of things.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
(1) soft-boiled, with chopped garnishes and extra virgin olive oil
(2) scrambled moist (never overcooked)
(3) fried "sunny side up" in olive oil hot enough to crisp the edges of the egg
(4) poached
(5) raw (quail) egg on breakfast natto with green onion
How did you learn to like soft boiled eggs? I assume you're in the US. I see it so seldom here in part because of salmonella concerns I think. I believe the Brits like to eat it that way in their egg cups and with toasted soldiers. It's also a commonly served breakfast in Malaysia and Singapore, consumed with drops of soy sauce, white pepper and toast. It's also a common food to feed young children there. My English-Canadian acquaintance fed his kid soft boiled eggs here in the US, but I don't see many other North Americans do that.

I won't even ask you about raw quail eggs and natto.