PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
I thought maybe some of you have learned how to pace yourself, like one nice pipe a year or some rule like that 😂
Yes, there are those rare unicorns. Most are "buy them if you like them" folks. I have enough now that I have to make sure I give each one a bowl every now and again just to keep them in good shape. The only thing that keeps my PAD in check is my wife. So either get married, or if you already are married make sure she knows how much you are spending on pipes. That may put the brakes on your PAD.rotf

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Yes, there are those rare unicorns. Most are "buy them if you like them" folks. I have enough now that I have to make sure I give each one a bowl every now and again just to keep them in good shape. The only thing that keeps my PAD in check is my wife. So either get married, or if you already are married make sure she knows how much you are spending on pipes. That may put the brakes on your PAD.rotf
Yea, she doesn’t care what I buy as long as I can pay for the stuff that affects both of us and I’m barely walking that walking that line at the moment! 😂 putting off my knee shots and dental implant doesn’t affect her, but dang! 😂

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
It's easier when you promise everyone on this forum that you'll only smoke one pipe for a whole year. 😊

Maybe you should do the same!
Ok, as of this December, I have 1 new Castello, 1 new Caminetto, 3 new Ser Jacabo, 3 new GBD, 1 Astley, and 1 Camoy. I’m pledging to the group that I won’t buy another till December. I will get new tobacco if limited release and perhaps a stand and other accessories, but no new pipes!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I always get Pipe Acquisition Disorder when I see clay pipes for sale; I've ended up with 4 boxes of them plus a few more; maybe another New Year's Resolution is "Don't buy any more clay pipes":)
I didn't buy any more clays when I ordered from Smokingpipes.com last month but did get 7oz of Cornell & Diehl to smoke in them; all that pipe baccy will be smoked in clay pipes...
Need to make sure I don't burn all my soldier's rations before the re-enactment season!

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Ok, as of this December, I have 1 new Castello, 1 new Caminetto, 3 new Ser Jacabo, 3 new GBD, 1 Astley, and 1 Camoy. I’m pledging to the group that I won’t buy another till December. I will get new tobacco if limited release and perhaps a stand and other accessories, but no new pipes!
Good luck brother. A whole year without a new pipe is tough. I guess if you make it a point to never look at the pipes and only look at the tobacco on sale you might just make it.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
It's very tough to give up buying pipes. Very tough.
@kcghost I agree but I only get PAD with clay pipes:)
Good luck brother. A whole year without a new pipe is tough. I guess if you make it a point to never look at the pipes and only look at the tobacco on sale you might just make it.
@reloader Should I make it another New Year's resolution not to buy any more clay pipes???