PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
If you want some pipes, buy some pipes!

Having said that, I spent some quality time sorting through pipes this weekend and have culled out 12 pipes that will shortly be off to be sold. I have two commissions in the works and kind of splurged on a century plus old set of unsmoked pipes that are soon on the way and so part of the culling was to cover the costs of those and it will, but also because I have pipes I just don't use and know I won't be reaching for them. Some are shapes that I discovered I just don't enjoy using. Absent something cool offered by Peterson in the coming year, I really am done buying for the time being and a thorough tobacco inventory revealed I had a lot more than I thought I did, and won't be buying any for the foreseeable future.

We'll see how long that lasts, lol.

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa

Having said that, I spent some quality time sorting through pipes this weekend and have culled out 12 pipes that will shortly be off to be sold. I have two commissions in the works and kind of splurged on a century plus old set of unsmoked pipes that are soon on the way and so part of the culling was to cover the costs of those and it will, but also because I have pipes I just don't use and know I won't be reaching for them. Some are shapes that I discovered I just don't enjoy using. Absent something cool offered by Peterson in the coming year, I really am done buying for the time being and a thorough tobacco inventory revealed I had a lot more than I thought I did, and won't be buying any for the foreseeable future.

Im at the point where l buy one at Christmas time but l didnt buy one last year. I too need to thin out some briars. Seems l smoke meers more often.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina

I am getting selling off three, honestly I don’t have many, like a dozen including new ones. That should be enough for a beginner rotation.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina

With the idea that tobacco prices will only rise, I got quite a bit of the blends I like as well. So I’m set for at least the next year.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
We're enablers, not nay sayers on these Forums 😂

I'm hardly the role-model
Having said that, I find I've been averaging just one a month lately.
So that's a vast improvement.
I've pretty much sated my appetite for Bulldogs and old Britwoods now.
There seems to be a lot less that catches my eye these days.

Unless something comes up that I MUST have 😆

I doubt that PAD burns out (for most).
Just burns down and smoulders.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
@bullet08 Do you think my clay pipe acquisition disorder will ever go away?
I only get pipe acquisition disorder with clay pipes:)
Should I make another New Year 🎉 resolution not to buy any more pipes?
I've already got more than 4 boxes of clays already...
At least you have the excuse of (?frequent) breakages - “OOPS just dropped another ! 😱
Or “OOPS, don’t know why that bowl exploded ?” 🤔

And the need to replace often 😁

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
Nah, I've been thinking about it, and I'm pretty sure I'm done.

Unless Savinelli decides to do the Collection Panel treatment on a Bing's Favorite.
...or I can find Jimmy Stewart's Kaywoodie from It's A Wonderful Life.
...or I find a really pretty Peterson Copper Army.
...or I stumble across an estate Dunhill.
...or I find a Butz-Choquin Marco D...

Sinzalot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2022
Wales
I am afraid your PAD is incurable. Once it has taken root in your soul you are bound together forever.
Some days will be worse than others, you may experience flare-ups whist perusing the interweb or walking (past pipe shops). The only way to truly manage the affliction is to buy all the pipes in the world...many sufferers are attempting this course of 'medication'. Good luck and remember that with every pipe you purchase you are helping others. puffy

Elric

Lifer
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane (Michigan)
tobaccocellar.com
I look at SmokingPipes fresh pipes weekly but I only bought two pipes last year. In both cases, I waited a week to pull the trigger. I figured if it got bought by someone else first, they obviously needed it more than I did.

I've been concentrating on TAD and that has bit me on the order if 10lbs or so. Pipes will always be available in some form. Not so sure about my preferred fumigants.