Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
This household has cats, so racks need to be behind protection from being shoved off whatever surface you've placed them on by critters chasing each other, stretching while curled up, etc.

At the moment, I only have two racks, one holding three pipes, the other holding eight, with a tobacco humidor jar with NO seal on the wooden lid. Waiting 'till I get in some really goopy blend before using that jar.

Am debating with myself whether or not to just take a 1"x6"x4' board and drilling 3 or 4 staggered rows of holes for bowl-down storage along its entire length. Currently the majority of those in rotation right now are in an extended pile surrounding my keyboard.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
71Cd-aaNC9S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Here's the case.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My pipe racks are constructed between studs on the right and left side a door in utility room. My wife installed some green cloth to showcase the pipes. The left side holds bent pipes, with shelves that hold the pipes. The right side is for straight pipes. I simply installed a 1'' x 1" with a 1/2" holes for the pipes. I like the way it looks and handles almost all pipes and pipe stuff.

Reactions: Laurent

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I recall someone posting a photo of his father's 500+ pile collection all neatly displayed on purpose-built wall-mounted racks.

It was pretty impressive. I'm sorry I can't find that thread.

But I'm with @sablebrush52 - I'd be worried about exposing vulcanite stems to sunlight

Reactions: Laurent and Casual

Spa32

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
I recall someone posting a photo of his father's 500+ pile collection all neatly displayed on purpose-built wall-mounted racks.

It was pretty impressive. I'm sorry I can't find that thread.

But I'm with @sablebrush52 - I'd be worried about exposing vulcanite stems to sunlight
Search "show of your pipe collection" it's on page 6. I would put the link in this post if I could figure out how to do it.